Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-10-22, 04:54 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Diana, thank you for those comforting words. I think she is content and at peace. I hadn't thought of it that way.

Today is a scheduled rest day for the DB program. I might do chest & shoulders today and rest tomorrow b/c I have pancakes tomorrow morning and mammo part deux in the afternoon.

Will check back later if I don't rest today.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-22, 08:37 PM  
Diana3271

Hi Everyone!

Cynthia I'm glad she is able to have regular visitors like her grandson and your DD. I know that in itself is a help.

No workout to report. We had 4 Baptisms at church today, so there was a lot going on.

Have a Blessed evening!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-22, 07:48 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 5,907

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy. Have a great start to your week!

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-11-22, 12:31 PM  
seabliss

Today I did Heather's no-repeat lower body. In quite a bit of pain from the tendonitis, so I bought an elbow brace today.

Cynthia, it is a real blessing that your DD's boyfriend's grandmother has the two of them to spend time with her. Praying for your DD's boyfriend.
Old 07-11-22, 01:45 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Thank you, Cheryl. I told DD that the next time she sees the grandmother awake (she was asleep yesterday when they went to visit) I would like DD to tell her that I love the bf like a son-in-law.

Back from group pancakes and a half hour oceanview walk.

I had a printout of the pancake recipe and offered it to the leader. This group is so modern! The table of chaperones took out their phones and took a picture of the recipe.

Now to go get ready for mammo round 2.

Later -- yay! The radiologist's report says no mammographic evidence of malignancy, also that tissue is not dense. Which means that an ultrsound is not medically necessary. And I can only imagine what the awful insurance co. I have would do with that, if I had gone ahead & had it done. ($$$)

Might go out to dinner to celebrate.
Old 07-11-22, 09:16 PM  
Diana3271

HI Everyone!

Cynthia What a great praise with your Mammo.

Check-In: 1+ hour walk

Have a Blessed evening!

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-12-22, 06:50 AM  
Diana3271

Good Morning, Everyone!

Steps from yesterday: 16,325

Have a Blessed day and stay safe and healthy.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-12-22, 07:39 AM  
seabliss

It's very hot here in Porto today - 95 right now. The next two days after this will also be hot, and then within a few days it will be in the 70s again. Everyone has prepared for this heat, cooking in advance or stocking up, and everyone is staying indoors, shutters closed against the sun.

I am on the first floor in the kitchen, with just a fan on, and there is a natural coolness in this stone place. Serving cool foods, such as chicken salad and watermelon. It's kind of like dealing with snowstorms and getting snowed in in the U.S.

No workout because the movers came this morning to take almost all of the furniture out of the living room in preparation for our piano. We still haven't heard and I'm trying not to worry that customs may have flagged our shipment for inspection.

Cynthia, awesome news about the mammo and no more dense breasts.

Hope you all are staying cool today!
Old 07-12-22, 09:35 AM  
lynnf

yesterday was my yoga class. I didn't get a chance to check in due to new phone drama. DH decided to try to do the change over himself, which was a bit of a problem, but after much time, it worked out. The Verizon manager did his phone, but wouldn't do mine. Anyway it all worked out-- eventually. Today did barre 3 30 minute signature.

Cynthia, it is so nice that your DD has such a wonderful bf and that the two can spend time with his grandmother in her final days. It is always sad to say goodbye, but it sounds like this is a peaceful and loving one. And happy news about your mammo. Always a relief.

Cheryl, glad your heat is about to break. All best wishes about the customs, which I know can be tricky. Hoping the tendonitis goes away soon. Been there and know it's not fun.

Diana, looks like your steps are holding up even in the heat. Nice!
lynnf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-22, 11:21 AM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Lynn, thank you for the comforting words. And yes, the mammo results are quite a relief. It's been 9 1/2 years since my surgery, and 3 years since I stopped taking tamoxifen. So far so good!

Back later.

Later -
Check-in: DBs day 13, legs & butt. These Livestrong challenges always start off sup-beginner-easy and then get hard. Now in round 3, I'm using 15 lb DBs and we're doing 2 sets of 15 reps. For the legs, this takes a while since 2 of the moves are one legat a time. Now I need to stop sweating before my zoom book club meeting.