Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-22, 05:18 PM  
YetAnotherDeb

Whine…the unbelievable heat

This heat is brutal and I’m going to have to file a complaint…somewhere. My electric bill was twice what it should be this time of year and my gazillion-year-old a/c is struggling to keep up. And it rained a bit for a couple of days, but not enough to do any good for the flora and fauna, just enough to make it humid.

If you’re one of the lucky ones and have decent weather, please take an outside walk and spare a thought for those of us who don’t even want to take the trash out because it’s too bloody hot and humid.

I was trying to get back in the exercise habit, particularly given my fears of developing PF, but it’s too hot. It’s just too hot.
_____
YADeb
YetAnotherDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 05:38 PM  
bubbles76

Co-signing. Every day it's the same. It's a hot one. Like seven inches from the midday sun. Blazing.

I hate summer.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 05:45 PM  
Sissy B

I hate summer. I live on the Gulf Coast and it's hot most of the year but in the summer it's unbearable. And not just this year - every year. So I repeat, I hate summer.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 07:13 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

there are no tradewinds right now and the humidity is thick. there were some storms in our hemisphere but like someone said, too weak to bring fresh breezes.

i walk around the house with a wash cloth to mop my brow.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 07:29 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Another summer hater here, too. And my summers in Michigan aren't nearly like everyone else's. But I'd have to assume summer in hot areas are akin to mid-February in Michigan when we haven't seen the sun in months and have feet of snow on the ground and it hasn't climbed above zero in a week.

I long for 65-degree days and no humidity. I have a countdown to fall, the *best* season of all!
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-22, 07:59 PM  
kat999

I usually love summer (I tolerate spring and fall and abhor winter), but every summer gets worse in terms of heat, and I miss my semi-daily summer jogs outside. Anything above 85 is just too hot for very much, and the sun is indeed just BLAZING more than usual. My sunblock is pretty powerful yet I seem to always wind up at least pink-tinged every time I spend more than ten minutes outside.
Old 07-24-22, 09:03 PM  
wendug

Ugh! The heat is awful ! We've had some decent rain this weekend, but that also brings humidity. Earlier today my phone said the real feel temp was 98 degrees. I would walk outside and immediately start sweating...EWWW. Luckily the temps will be a little lower this week, but I can't wait until we reach temps in the 70s or even 60s. It's hard to be motivated to work out when the heat just drains my energy.
Old 07-24-22, 09:10 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

I hear you, I am here sitting in the middle of three fans!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 01:30 AM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsSweetAsSugar View Post
I hear you, I am here sitting in the middle of three fans!
Canada's getting in on some of the scorching heat?! Gee whiz! I didn't realize how far reaching these heatwaves are.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-22, 02:39 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I live in southern Colorado without air conditioning. It's hot, but tolerable, not as bad as many other places. We also don't have the humidity that many of you put up with. I so look forward to the summer, but it can be hard sometimes.

Tags
heat, hot weather