Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 07-28-22, 10:38 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi everyone,

I normally hike today, but had to cancel at last minute...too much going on this AM, so will get a workout in later. DH desperately needs a haircut and we're waiting to hear back from our realtor. The people who made an offer on our home withdrew their original offer....and now it's back on the table...so here we go again.

Back later...

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 07:38 AM  
donnamp

HI Everyone,

Got up too late this morning (Bailey, my Lab had me up last night) and tile guy was coming early..

Yesterday at lunch I did Jessica Valent's Non-Impact HIIT fundamentals which was essentially a body weight toning workout.

I'm going to aim for something at lunch today - maybe an Ellen, maybe another Jessica Valent routine.

Pam - that is disappointing about the house....

Sherry - hope you are doing well.

Waves, wishiwasinhawaii

Hope everyone has a good Friday!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-22, 01:31 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

No workout yesterday. DH and I ended up going mattress shopping again and re-visiting some of the previous retailers we had gone to to lay on beds at. We ended up purchasing a Simmons Beautyrest Harmony Lux Medium mattress. In this particular store (Jordan's) it was called a Seaford. It's a step down from the Beautyrest Black mattresses in quality and comfort.

Today I had my dental appointment to get fitted for a mouth guard for sleep apnea. I won't go back to see the dentist until late Sept to actually get the device. They are booked so far in advance. I had to wait three months to get in for my consult and x-rays today.

I'm planning on getting a workout in after a late lunch. Will check in later...

Current Rotation:
Old 07-29-22, 01:57 PM  
donnamp

I did a little lunch time workout:

Up to the Beat Fit (Gina B) - Stranger Things Walk/Dance
Lucy Wyndham Read - 7 min Belly Fat Workout
LWR - 10 Min Stretch

I really enjoyed getting up to move at lunch. I need to do that more often - I'm hoping the fall to get some outdoor walks in at lunch.

But this was more energizing than just getting more coffee...

Hope everyone has a nice afternoon!

Donna
Old 07-29-22, 05:29 PM  
Leonana

Donna, thanks for asking. The shingles are clearing up, the anti-viral med works pretty well. I didn't have much pain or itching, etc. I found taking it after eating helps a lot with the nausea. Only two more pills left! Mouth pain is still there, sometimes less, sometimes more. I'm afraid to take the new med, that I'll be allergic to it too. TBH, I think my anxiety has a lot to do with my pain, so I've been working on that. Unfortunately, the things I need to do to reduce my anxiety, such as exercise and connecting with people, are hard to do with pain. But I'm pushing through it. The shingles delayed me a bit, and I've been trying to rest.

wishiwasinhawaii, I'm going to get the shingles shot later, once I'm recovered. Shingles are a real stress on the body.

Pam, sorry to hear about the house offer falling through. I hope the next one is a good one. A new mattress sounds nice, I hope you have a comfortable night's rest. Wow, three months out for the dentist! He must be popular, but I think that's a good sign.
Old 07-30-22, 08:47 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Yesterday I did the youtube stepping strength workout from Summer of Strength. I really enjoyed that one. I also walked 5 miles. No idea how I did that, lol. Today was a stretch workout and then I walked outside for a little over a mile. It's cooler today so I'll probably go out again later after I finish some work around the house.

I'm supposed to be going on a business trip later next week, but I found out I have ear infections in both ears (no idea how that happened), so I may not be going. I'm on antibiotic drops and the doctor said to see how it goes. I'm going to tell my boss about it on Monday.

Sherry, Glad to hear you're improving. It's great you caught it early! I really think anxiety has a lot to do with these things. I have a problem with that too and it's tough to keep it under control, but I am better than I used to be. I finally realized that being anxious just makes whatever is going on even worse.

Donna, Did the guy who was doing the work in your house recover from COVID?

Pam, That stinks about the house offer falling through. That mattress you bought sounds comfy!
Old 07-30-22, 01:11 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was a bust! I didn't sleep well last night, so no workout this morning. Then DD and i were going to volunteer at the animal shelter, but she wasn't feeling well - I am thinking allergies - but you can't be too careful these days. So we ended up not doing that. Then my contractor came over to do some catch up work.

On a happy note, I did manage to get something in this afternoon:

- Jenny Ford - Step Across America - # 6 (??) - Massachusetts
- Jessica Valent - Hip & Hamstring Release (12 min), Gentle Pilates for Beginners (20 min).

Sherry - I'm glad the Shingles is resolving! I found that it helped to get treatment right away. My DH had Shingles years and years ago - from not sleeping - and working a night shift - and he let it go for a long time before seeing a Dr.about it. I definitely suffered less b/c I went to the Dr. right away. Mine was on my face, right by my eye - which I'm sure is why I went to the Dr.so soon. I thought I had a rash! I didn't even have a lot of pain b/c I caught it so early -

wishiwasinhawaii - sorry about your ear infections - maybe a blessing in disguise so you don't have to go on the trip? Oh yes, my contractor was back at it this week. He said it was like having a cold and the flu at the same time. The symptoms he and his family had were a bad sore throat, fever and congestion. But they all recovered. His son sometimes helps him and he was here today. He said his daughter had it the worst.

Waves, Pam!

And yes, I agree about anxiety - it is hard to turn it off - but worth it if you can make strides to manage it.

Waves!

Donna
Old 07-30-22, 03:49 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick post today. I did Curtis Adams light strength training from his last three TV shows that I recorded, and did multiple sets.

Yesterday I did Denise Austin's 10 Toner segments for Upper Body pre-programmed workouts. Tried to post a lengthy message yesterday and got the dreaded 500 internal error, so sorry no time to repeat everything.

Have a good day and enjoy your weekend!

Current Rotation:
Old 07-31-22, 11:07 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

I'm thinking my August rotation will continue with an Upper Body focus, but each week I'll have a different "retro" instructor. Kathy Smith, Denise Austin, Gilad and Margaret Richard are all coming to mind. I will also incorporate some shorter core work and all of these instructors are good for that, too! I have a number of Shape/Self workouts so might try a couple of those, as well.

My feet have been so painful lately, I've had to abandon my treadmill workouts, which makes me sad. Left foot is the one with PF and the right one I've been having heel pain, so walking is a no-go right now. I can do some hiking with the support of my hiking shoes and probably be fine with only a mile or two. And we have another kayak event planned for this upcoming week, and the next...so I'll be sitting.

Sherry, sorry to hear about your shingles with everything else you've been trying to manage.

Donna, bet you'll be glad to get those renovations done and you can have your house back again!

wishiwasinhawaii, hope your ears are on the mend. I got a lot of ear infections as a child.

Liz, wonder how you're doing?

Current Rotation:
Old 08-01-22, 07:33 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I did:

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Thoracic Mobility - this was a good one for me as I know I need more mobility in my back!

I was planning on doing something else, but it just never happened. It rained yesterday afternoon and I just got lazy.

Today, so far, has been:

Yoga w/ Adriene - 10 Min Morning Yoga

I did this one first thing. Painters today! It should be done by the end of the week though and I'm looking forward to it!

I do plan to get something else in today - I see Lucy has a new walk & tone challenge for August and I want to do more w/ Jessica Valent since I did end up renewing my membership - I am locked in at a lower price than what she currently charges....so I decided to just renew it.

Sherry - how are you feeling?

Pam - I like your retro rotation!! I'm sorry you have to take a TM break.

waves, wishiwasinhawaii - how are you?

waves, Liz!

Donna

Tags
tablet