Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-24, 12:05 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peukalo-Liisa View Post
Christine, according to calendar, it has strength, pilates, barre and mobility. She releases one video each day, so it's a surprise 😁 Each video is about 30 min long.
That sounds good! Thanks! Hopefully they are pleasant surprises

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-24, 07:03 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I needed something that I knew I wouldn't dread or put off once I got home from work, so I did

Improved Health - The Secrets to Longevity - 35 minutes, Stronger Core on the Floor - Level 2 - 8 minutes & Seated Daily Stretch - 12 minutes

Jules' "Secrets to Longevity" workout was an all-in-one workout with a decent amount of standing strength work and quite a bit of balance work. There was a warmup and some cardio first and most of the strength work incorporated lower body movement as well. I think this was a relatively new workout. I liked it.

Beth - thanks for the link for Dustin's workout!

buffmama & Polina- "I agree with Tracey that we need to train differently as we age, but not sure if some sort of vertical split while standing on the dumbbell is the best way to do it. "

Christine - Sorry you've been sick. I'm still not 100% and we had more 65 mph wind, temps in the 70s and dirt yesterday, which isn't helping anything. At least we didn't have any new fires start and we had snow flurries all day long today. Up, down, crazy weather.

Donna - Nice job getting your cardio in!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 07:35 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I went on a short dog walk - I always let my dog pick the route and when she wants to head home and yesterday was a short walk day.
In the evening I did end up doing the longer Deep Stretch on the Total Stretch DVD. It was nice and relaxing, too.

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Fusion Flow Sculpt - I have not pulled this one out in a long time, probably since I did the Strong & Centered Rotation (which I enjoyed!). This was harder than I remember particularly for the lower body. Those gliders get you.

Later today I'll add something else on. We are having someone else come in to give us an estimate for our kitchen. I'm inclined to go with the guy I know who has done work for us previously, so unless this is way cheaper I will probably stick with the guy I know. This is more for peace of mind to know that we're paying a reasonable price. Of course if they come in way cheaper, I'll also be somewhat suspicious and will probably want 3rd estimate! It is very hard to find people who return your calls and are willing to come out and give estimates. My co-worker wants to finish her basement and finds the same thing - no one responds to calls, texts, e-mails, etc. Don't people need the business?

Carol - Jules is pretty much always low-dread!

I did get an e-mail from Tracey Mallett about a new challenge. I'm trying to ignore it.

Speaking of things I'm trying to ignore - check out the price on this site!

https://www.michellemarlahan.com/its-all-yoga

Well, I guess it is JVP's price of $59/month.

Twice a year they offer a freebie - Winter Den and a Summer Den or Summer Camp where you get access to a few things for free. I saw the e-mail this morning and saw the "Trial" and thought maybe I'd look into it - but the trial is $39 for 2 weeks!

That seems to pricey.

Anyway - hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 08:27 AM  
buffmama

PA Classic 34- first 5 exercises in a workshop with Benjamin Degenhardt who I've been enjoying.
Old 03-26-24, 08:41 AM  
furmomof6

Hi everyone,

Walk (30 min)
Margaret Elizabeth - Lower Body (10 min)

Donna, it's the same way around here! DH and I have said the same thing, doesn't anyone want business?? No one gets back to you! Maybe they're just too busy with their other jobs.

Carol, I'm sorry you're still not feeling 100%. Wow, I'm sure you're right about the crazy weather not helping! How has your DS been?

Waves, Polina, Beth and Buffmama!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-24, 10:48 AM  
buffmama

Polina - I did Justina's PM stretch yesterday and thought it was excellent, the music was peaceful. I didn't think I'd like it as much as I did. It's both stretch and mobility work and has plenty of down time (child's pose, shavasana). Can't recommend it enough.

Carol + Christine - Hope you're both feeling better today.
Old 03-26-24, 11:24 AM  
Peukalo-Liisa
VF Supporter

Hi all,

- PBOD - Legs and Arms Sculp. Today I was standing on a ball, lol. I was holding a chair, so it was quite manageable.
- Lee Holden - 30 days challenge - day 26

Donna, 39$ for 2 weeks is way too much! Tracey increased her prices too by the way - it's 25$ a month instead of 20$.

Carol, Christine I hope you're feeling better

Buffmama, thank you for Justina's stretch recommendation, I'll check it out tonight. I've been liking most of Essentrics stretches I tried lately, but I wish they talked less about toning and slimming.

Waves, Beth!
Old 03-27-24, 08:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I added on a Trifecta Pilates practice after work - Pilates Mobility Routine It was a nice gentle practice. I didn't get a walk in b/c I had my kitchen estimate scheduled (more on that later!)

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - Balance & Agility - this is from WS 20 - which is probably my favorite of the "Walk Strong" collections. It had been awhile since I did this one and I enjoyed it.

I will try for a walk later, but it is raining so it may have to be an indoor walk.

On the kitchen - this is a national chain/company - and i'm a bit leery of going with them. They didn't give us a firm estimate - we have to go to their showroom to see the "design" and pick materials, etc. We have an appointment to do that on Saturday. I think we'll go, and I think they will be cheaper than my regular guy (who is just an independent contractor). I'm leaning towards not going with this company because I think what I will get will be a cookie cutter recommendation from them - it looks like they offer package deals and I won't be able to get the customizations I may want. I know my guy will be more expensive, but I know his quality of work and his work ethic - so I know it will be good. Plus while I have my kitchen torn apart there are things I want to fix - that these guys may not deal with. I think if I were sure we were moving soon I would go with the cheaper option - but we may be staying here for the long haul I guess I'll see what comes of the estimate. I already told DH we are not signing anything on Saturday! I also wonder if they entice you in with a lower price but then as you start adding things it goes way up.

I do know that the guy we have used before will be easy to work with, will get it done, and will make sure it is right...and that is a big deal when you are doing something as "invasive" disruptive and expensive as a kitchen remodel! He did our 3 bathrooms and they turned out great. No issues. The only time he missed a deadline for us is when he got COVID and had to take a week off. I worry about the headaches of dealing with a large company - if something goes wrong - do I have to deal with "corporate"?

On the workout front - I'm enjoying Jessica's fusion collection! I always feel with the start of a new month that I should switch gears, but I think I'll stick with this for at least 4 weeks. Jessica Valant is doing a core challenge in April, but it sounds like just 10 min workouts that I can add on to Jessica's Fusion stuff.

Anyway - we shall see - my mind is always subject to change!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-24, 08:17 AM  
buffmama

Continuing throughout the week with the 2 hour workshop by chapter - today was exercises 6-11. Even though I did workout with Benjamin I'm still getting new information.

Polina - I'm slowly working through Justina's stretch and mobility workouts. Also did Hip Hop Abs this morning and was blown away - in a good way. Overhead squats! Those will need a lot of practice.

Donna - Now that my closets are clean I have to get back to picking out bathroom stuff and contact contractors. Maybe I'm stalling....it's a lot of work! There is a lot of wisdom in going with a known entity for the work since you can.
Old 03-27-24, 09:02 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hey all - quick wave! Not much Pilates for me so far this week. I'm moving towards going out of town Friday, which will probably wind up being my first exercise off day of 2024!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wall pilates