Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-05, 10:36 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianne
(And I shouldn't say this as Sharon has already ordered, but my fitball is black.)
Oh Lianne, what a low blow! But hey, if I get the fitball too I'll have red and black -- the colors of revolution.
I'm what I am, and what I am,
Is back on Boogie Street.

Leonard Cohen/Sharon Robinson "Boogie Street" 10 New Songs.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
SharonNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 10:39 AM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonNYC
Too late for me Lianne! I finally lost control and ordered the Yamuna red ball. Moments ago.
Weren't you resisting a mere 12 hours ago?

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 10:53 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane C
Weren't you resisting a mere 12 hours ago?
Yes Jane -- and I can't even remember what the last straw was.

(I have a professional/personal relationship with an instructor who produces video and book material relevant to this site.)
Old 02-11-05, 10:58 AM  
cmiyachi

Don't feel bad Sharon, I got all the Yamuna DVDs, the red ball, the green ball, the foot savers, the FitBall DVD and set (coming today) and the Petrone kit. You are at least showing some control with just getting the red ball.

I have a professional relationship with web sites that sell yoga downloads.
cmiyachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 11:16 AM  
SharonNYC
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiyachi
Don't feel bad Sharon, I got all the Yamuna DVDs, the red ball, the green ball, the foot savers, the FitBall DVD and set (coming today) and the Petrone kit. You are at least showing some control with just getting the red ball.
Well Chris, I already have the Petrone kit...

Old 02-11-05, 11:51 AM  
cinza
VF Supporter

BALLS

the size ball is a decision to be made based on the body part you are working in ... smaller balls get between smaller muscles.
Its not really a matter of beginner or advanced unless you are very fragile or out of shape and cant take any stretching.

The ball shouldnt be hard, shouldnt be squishy either... if its too hard it will bruise you .. too soft it wont work the muscle.
If it feels good... its probably right.
If you have an injury or inflamation, be careful about using your ball on the delicate tissue ...if you are prone to osteorporosis use the large ball .. be very careful.

FITBALL has "small ball release" therapy balls which I like better than the Yamuna Balls .. fitballs keep air longer.. have texture which sometimes is a plus...
My favorite balls are actually gel filled red Mediballs.. weighted.. they give on the surface, have good traction on the floor.
Fitball also has a book and video on 'small ball release" therapy.. its not as good as the yamuna info... but the SAME stuff...
Yamuna did not invent body rolling.. someone else did and both Yamuna and the person who wrote the "small ball release" book learned it the same place.

http://www.simplefitnesssolutions.co...small_ball.htm

I trained to to teach Yamuna a year and half ago .. before the the videos or dvds. I havent seen the vidoes..
Still wondering..
Which videos or DVDs to get or NOT to get if I dont need the basics but want to know everything I can without buying anything I dont need.
If I do NOT get the full body workout, will I get everything on the other DVDs?
Or should I just get everything?

I also liked the first book best, but since all info is good, I have both books to get what I can out of each.
cinza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 02:03 PM  
Susan G.
VF Supporter

I just noticed that Petrone teaches in nearby Stamford. I haven't looked at her system. Does that give me another homework assignment?

Susan G.
Susan G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 02:12 PM  
Messe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan G.
I just noticed that Petrone teaches in nearby Stamford. I haven't looked at her system. Does that give me another homework assignment?

Susan G.
Definitely.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 04:29 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lianne
Sophie - I don't have the air problem at all. I would try and get yours replaced.
Well, I gave them a call (Incrediball, in BC) and she said that if the ball loses air while rolling, then it's definately defective, but that a small amount of air loss between sessions is normal. She said she adds air to hers everytime she uses it too, as well as lets the participants do it when she teaches a class. She did say to call again if it seemed to be getting worse (and called me honey, which is very unusual for Canadians to do!)

Like I said, that's OK with me - a minor nuisance but not enough to detract from the usage of it. I guess, if this really bugs you (a general you) than perhaps the Yamuna balls might be a better choice, but for me it's not too big a deal.

ETA: Lianne - she also mentioned that she thought the smaller balls lose air faster than the larger ones. I'm mulling over the physics of it, maybe someone can help I got the 6" ball - you're taller than me so I'm assuming you have the 7"? or do you have them all?

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-05, 10:52 AM  
Corridors

Well, after being so happy with the Fitball DVD, I went and bought the whole set of Yamuna DVDs, the yellow and green ball and the pump. The woman I spoke to (Lisa) convinced me to get the yellow ball though I kept saying I wanted the red one. I hope I won't regret it.

I probably won't get them until the end of March as the customs and cost to ship to Canada (a friend of mine from here is visiting family then) or Israel was going to be high so I'm waiting for a friend who lives in the States to come here for a visit.

Now do I need the book? I saw I could get the ultimate body rolling book for about $3 so I think it is worth it.

Just imagine, in a few short months, I'm going to have flat abs, no cellulite and be taller, can't wait . Seriously, I just love how the Fitball workout made me feel so the more info I have to work the rest of my body, the better.

Colleen
Corridors is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl soleway, fitball, yamuna, yamuna ball substitutes