Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-05, 07:26 AM  
Denise R
Exchange Moderator

Questions for Yamuna Body Rolling fans!

Hi,

I am very interested in a few of these workouts. Has anyone tried the YBR Abdominal Strenghtening one? I don't have one of the YBR balls but have one of those "squishy" balls that Leslee Bender uses in her Mini Ball workouts--would this work? If not, what size ball should I get? How hard/firm/squishy is the YBR ball? How is the production of these workouts? I'm really tempted by the abs one, legs and the side lying one. What are your favorites and why?

TIA!!

Denise R
who likes the idea of "rolling away cellulite"
Denise R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 08:21 AM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

Hi there
Partial answers. there are other more hard core YBR fans than me..... so bear with me.
I don't know about the ab workout but I have to exchange another workout for total body and thinking about adding in the ab one too.
I have ballls from the miracle ball workout that are the smallest--the green 5's . they recommend starting at red or yellow.. I happen to have the greens and have been working on them for at least 3 months already so that's where I am
you might find the balls a bit hard at first but they do loosen up and become a bit more flexible. when you realize your body weight is on them, that's a natural compression situation so they have to loosen up

I have the sideline one and found that I was already doing part of it. It's a great dvd and I enjoy doing it. I do parts of it 2x a day..
I love what it does for my upper back and IT band in my legs

Stevie
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 09:56 AM  
mizach
VF Supporter

The 6 pack DVDs are $89.95. I have those in my cart, plus the foot savers, a red ball, the calves balls, pump. Do I need the book too?
They are still in my cart and they will be mine...
mizach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 11:01 AM  
Jane C
VF Supporter

Tha ab strengthening is more instructional then a workout. It shows 3 moves. As part of the $89.95 package its probably worth it, but I don't think I"d buy it as a separate item

Squishy balls won't work. Sorry.

Ball size - The red ball is the mainstay ball. At this point I would only use the yellow ball for the front body work - which I find fairly intense. The green ball is sort of a travel ball. I used it last night for the sideline series (lurved sideline). The calf balls don't have a dvd - but they come with instructions, and I really liked them (just got them, used them last night)

Alot of it is how intense you like your massage - the bigger the ball, the less intense.

The production values are pretty good. I was thinking last night that other instructors could take a lesson from them. Basically Yamuna - who is fun to watch, instructing a class of 6 students, including a beefy guy. They're simple, but they get the job done. There's some trance type music, but mostly no music during the routines. The total body is chaptered - the others aren't. Abdominal and Foot saver are short. Sideline has a nice back routine at the end.

Mizrach - sounds like you've got it covered.

Come, come, whoever you are.
Wanderer, idolator, worshipper of fire,
come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair.

Rumi

Last edited by Jane C; 02-10-05 at 11:03 AM. Reason: expanded on
Jane C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 01:29 PM  
Stevie W
VF Supporter

wasn't the sideline amazing? I am doing most of the moves 2x a day to loosen up my back and shoulders.. and it's heavenly!
Stevie
Stevie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 01:31 PM  
ElizaEc
VF Supporter

I want them alllllll! Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the foot savers separately?
Thanks,
Eliza
ElizaEc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 01:32 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thank you for the Cliff's Notes version of the Yamuna I & II threads. thanks!
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 01:39 PM  
antbuko

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaEc
I want them alllllll! Does anyone know if it's possible to buy the foot savers separately?
Thanks,
Eliza
You can buy them separately, but why not buy them with the accompanying DVD? Makes more sense. Mine just arrived today. I'll let you know how I like them.

ETA: I ordered mine from allaboutmassergers.com. The footsavers kit was $29.95.
Old 02-10-05, 02:35 PM  
ElizaEc
VF Supporter

antbuko,
Thanks for answering my question. I was going to buy the 6-DVD set, so I didn't want to buy the foot saver set and wind up with 2 of the same DVD. I am just loving this system!
Eliza
ElizaEc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-05, 02:50 PM  
Kimberly33

The Leg Routine DVD is chaptered as well.

I highly recommend the original book, too (NOT the Ultimate workout one) "Body Rolling: an Experiential Approach..." It contains all of the workouts with full descriptions. I've had this book for several YEARS now, and I'm so glad I finally got some balls. (giggle)

Jane (or someone else with the calf balls), do you think Green Genies (the Karen Voight balls) would be decent substitutes?

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul
You've got to run like an antelope, out of control. (Phish)

Can't control the kittens!
Too many whiskers. Too many whiskers
(Sleep Talkin' Man)
Kimberly33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cheryl soleway, fitball, yamuna, yamuna ball substitutes