Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-05, 05:41 PM  
HOTCHICK

What do yo all think of the fitprime/kickbutt clips?

Hi,

I just viewed the six different fitprime/kickbutt clips over at the whfn site, and even though I recognised some as previous workouts, eg strong bear, from the ground up etc, as well as new workouts, I started drooling at the old ones, because they looked fresh and new, especially with keli, and kimberly doing them. (I really want keli's ones), Hiedi is in a lot of them, but I liked her instructions from previous stuff, and if I get the chance, I will be buying them all.

What do you all think?.

Hotchick
Old 01-28-05, 06:13 PM  
Sophia

I loved the look of them. I'm getting all of them!
Sophia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 06:17 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Well, I've been pulling a GR and I've been watching the clips quite a bit.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 06:17 PM  
mmis29

Keli WAS One of My Favorite Instructors...

I was a bit disappointed with one of Keli's clips (I believe it was Floor Burn). I've always really liked Keli, she's a great instructor, full of form tips and just a natural. I felt like she was very stiff and scripted, typical of most Firm workouts, IMHO.
mmis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 06:20 PM  
Messe

Keli's not in Floor Burn--that's Tamela Hastie. As for being scripted, I don't think Keli's any more scripted in the clips I saw than she is in her two Quick Fix workouts (Stability Ball and Pilates Abs). But then I tend to prefer workouts that are free of the kind of chatter that's annoying after the first few times.

Oh, and I ordered all 12 DVDs this morning.

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 06:25 PM  
mmis29

Oops!

Thanks for correcting me I guess it wasn't Floor Burn...and I've never seen the quick Fixes, so you could be right. I guess the tapes I liked of Keli's were the oldies, Ultimate Step Workout and the one with Cher, etc. now that I think of it.

I hope you enjoy them

Marianne

Last edited by mmis29; 01-28-05 at 06:25 PM. Reason: Because I Can't Spell!
mmis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 06:36 PM  
Sunrise
VF Supporter

I JUST went ahead and ordered them. Funny thing is, I was never tempted by the old FitPrime, I've never even been tempted by TLPs but for some reason, these really appealed to me.

I have Cathe's Hardcore coming and quite frankly, after 7 months of waiting, all the anticipation is gone and I really have no desire for them whatsoever.

The new FitPrimes just look so good to me. My vidiot career started with the classic FIRMs and these new FitPrimes are like going back to the beginning!

I was very impressed with Heidi's and Tamela's clips would have liked to see more Kimberly and am reserving judgement on Kelli's. Her accent just doesn't fit in, lol!

My collection is severely lacking in intermediate workouts so these just seem so timely since I am ready to move on from Leslie.

I'm anxious to see what else FitPrime comes up with in the future.
Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-05, 06:52 PM  
DawnP
VF Supporter

not too impressed yet...

I watched the FitPrime previews, they didn't impress me as tough or interesting. The KickButts look a little more promising. However I don’t think it looks like Keli Robert's best work either.

Strong Bear looks 'disconnected' and strange. The two workouts I was most interested in are Crunch Time and Steamin' Cardio & I already have the original versions on DVD.

I actually like Kelsie Daniels of the original Steamin' Cardio workout better than I like Heidi Tanner in the WHFN clips. The original Crunch Time has Susan Harris - and I just like Susan better than Tamela. I can't tell from the clips but in Cardio Burn Tamela seems to be talking to the audience like they're 'extra special kids.'

I was surprised that Kimberly Spreen apparently only does the kickboxing segments in Heidi's Push-Pull (which was originally From the Ground Up). She certainly seems talented, I wish they had used her more.

I've owned 4 of the original FitPrimes and only kept 2 of them. Even then I don't do them very often. I like Weights First the best but it's not getting remade, which might be OK since I love Tracie and *nobody* can do it better than Tracie

Anyway I'm waiting to see what the reviews look like. It certainly is nice to see the original FIRM founders working on a project with a business manager and I hope they do well.

Did anyone see the preview of the KickButt infomercial? It was very short but I got the feeling that KickButt is going to be a hardsell for the typical infomercial audience. I mean, no equipment/gadgets or false promises, not even a single promise of 'lose 10 lbs in 2 days'? There was the promise of 'results in 6 workouts' which I guess might be true if you are new to exercise and/or weight training in general... the FitPrimes might fare better with the beginner crowd...
Old 01-28-05, 07:08 PM  
Carol_is_fit

Well I'm practically eating my own earlier resolve to wait on these, but once I saw the clips I had to have them - LOL!! I ordered all 12 this morning!!

Carol
Old 01-28-05, 07:10 PM  
Messe

DawnP, where did you find a clip of Steamin' Cardio?

You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have. — Maya Angelou
Messe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fitprime, tamela hastie, whfn