Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-04, 08:17 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Fun Friday Thread - How has VF affected you and how you live your life?

I know it's Thursday night, but I'm about to go to bed and, when I wake up, it will be Friday. So, close enough...

A few weeks ago, I was showing my mom around VF. She may pop up here at some point. While doing so, I told her about all the ways VF has affected me. I started with fitness stuff. You know, stuff like learning how to exercise properly, encouraging me to try new types of exercise, influencing me to see exercise as more than just a way to lose weight, etc.

Then, I laughed and added (and have kept adding) to the list:

Make-up - I use Bare Essentials - that wouldn't have happened otherwise.

Trader Joe's - Never shopped there before reading glowing reviews here about it. I should have bought stock in the company that makes the multi-seed flatbread!

Thorlos - Just bought my first pairs the other week.

Shopping - Besides all the fitness and DVD places, I shop at QVC, Dermstore, and other places I never would have frequented online.

"Babe" moments (you had to read the thread from a few weeks ago to understand this) - I not only recognize them now, but celebrate them!

OK. That's a start. What are yours?

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-04, 08:51 PM  
Lucysql
VF Supporter

Thanks to VF, I discovered zappos.com and shoes.com
Lucysql is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-04, 08:56 PM  
nova52799

Without VF, I wouldn't have found my friend, Beth
Old 09-09-04, 09:06 PM  
GymRatt
VF Supporter

Shopping: Ross stores. If there was a Dollar General near me, I'd probably haunt it, too.
GymRatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-04, 09:14 PM  
chi-townpear

Before VF, I exercised because I felt like I "should". Now, I've found so many videos that I actually enjoy doing . I never knew I'd be a person who liked to exercise. I've also discovered Althea Lawton-Thompson, the FIRM, kickboxing, deepdiscountdvd, etc....
chi-townpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-04, 09:31 PM  
jaybee

This forum has affected me alot. I must come here and read about anything fitness and video related all the time!

None of my friends or family have an interest in fitness, except in passing, and definitely have no interest in discussing ,in depth ,videos or fitness equipment. I absolutely love anything video fitness related and reading about how others think about it here.

Video fitness forum has opened a whole new world for me. If I didn't see a video in a store ,I had never heard of it before I read about it here. Now I have bought way too many videos, all because of such helpful insiders. What a great place!
jaybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-04, 09:46 PM  
Lexy
VF Supporter

VF Smiles

VF makes me smile. I've never visited a website EVERY day and I do here....afraid I'll miss something. I've gotten really good advice, honest answers, no one makes fun of my stupido questions (at least to my face) ,discovered Yayas from here, and have spent WAY too much money listening to you maniacs. I love this place. Lexy
Lexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-04, 09:47 PM  
Debbie M

Lol

The main effects are that I spend too much time on the forum and spend too much money.....

I discovered a whole world of instructors, fitness toys etc. that I had no idea existed.

VF allows me to share my obsessive addiction to home workout stuff without feeling alone.

I honestly feel that with all the trade shows VF'ers report back about, inside scoops from instructors etc. that I have been ahead of health clubs on almost every fitness trend to hit the market. That is really fun.

Deb
Debbie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-04, 10:14 PM  
Loretta S.
VF Supporter

Yes, I'm on the internet a lot more and I spend more money. But I've also met a lot of nice people through VF and learned endless tips and ideas that make my life better on a daily basis.
Old 09-09-04, 10:31 PM  
meggie
VF Supporter

I've made some great friends and met people I never would have otherwise (Dani, Sharon, Jane C, Kimberly33, and so on...).

I've discovered a whole new dimension to working out. I can do choreography! Cathe exists!!! Yoga is more than Yoga Journal/Living Arts! Plus rebounding, TLPs, and so on...

And, yes, it's a fun addiction

Tags
getting to know you, vf love