Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-04, 03:39 PM  
Katherine_99

Well as of today Yvette Mimieux's video still hasn't arrived! How disappointing. It can take Canada Customs forever to release packages from the U.S. Am hoping it'll arrive any day now....
Katherine_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-04, 03:57 PM  
Brick

I was doing Yvette's video just last week, and wondered if you were enjoying the one you ordered. Sorry to hear you haven't received it yet. Hope it gets there soon! Be sure to keep us posted ... I'm anxious to hear how you like it. When I first got the video, I didn't do the whole thing all the way through, and didn't "catch on" that it's a complete flowing routine. I think I set it aside for a while, then decided to give it another chance, and that's when I fell in love with it. Now it's one of my all-time favorite yoga workouts.
Brick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-04, 02:24 PM  
Katherine_99

It arrived on Friday! I'm still in shock... wasn't expecting to ever see it, after several obstacles and delays... but it was worth the wait!! I can understand why it's become one of your all-time favourite yoga workouts, mine too. I'm really enjoying Yvette's routine and look forward to when I have it memorized and can do it without the video. Thank you to everyone who recommended this video!!

By the way, what did you think of her outfit, Brick? The black lacey, "Victoria's Secret meets yoga" gear complete with fishnet stockings. I did a double take when I saw her initially, but no longer notice since the routine is so good... The one downside is that my bf keeps threatening to buy me a similar "yoga outfit" which I have no intention of wearing. LOL. Yvette Mimieux does look fabulous for her age (or compared to women of any age). Don't know if that's due to terrific genes or yoga, or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick
I was doing Yvette's video just last week, and wondered if you were enjoying the one you ordered. Sorry to hear you haven't received it yet. Hope it gets there soon! Be sure to keep us posted ... I'm anxious to hear how you like it. When I first got the video, I didn't do the whole thing all the way through, and didn't "catch on" that it's a complete flowing routine. I think I set it aside for a while, then decided to give it another chance, and that's when I fell in love with it. Now it's one of my all-time favorite yoga workouts.
Old 07-06-04, 12:09 AM  
Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine_99
By the way, what did you think of her outfit, Brick? The black lacey, "Victoria's Secret meets yoga" gear complete with fishnet stockings.
Hi Katherine — so glad to hear you finally got the video and that you like it! I'm sure that as you keep practicing it, you'll appreciate even more what a great routine it is. I love the way you can "customize" it in so many ways.

Yeah, her outfit is not what the typical yoga instructor wears, is it, LOL. But she's just so darn charming and sweet, she really wins you over. She sure did me, anyway (I'm a guy, by the way). When she smiles and says "And remember . . . to BREATHE," I can't help answering "Yes, dear." She's a sweetheart!

From what she says on the back of the video box, I'm sure yoga has a LOT to do with how great she looks — saying she's been studying yoga with Saby for 15 years and has never felt better in her life. And she says this simple workout has given her more strength, stamina and flexibility than she had when she was in her twenties. Pretty inspiring!

Anyway, am really glad you like the video!
Old 07-06-04, 08:15 AM  
Katherine_99

Yup, I agree with everything you said, Brick. Yvette's so charming and unpretentious, she can't help but win you over. She reminds me of both Grace Kelly and Zsa Zsa Gabor. I also love how you can customize this routine to fit your needs. It's a shame the video's no longer available in stores. I guess it came out just prior to the influx of yoga videos, so she was ahead of her time.
Old 02-08-05, 06:11 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Reviving this thread to ask whether anyone else has feedback about Harper's Bazaar Yoga...I'm thinking of bidding on it at eBay.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 06:27 PM  
Brick

Hi Toaster! If you do get it, be sure to let us know how you like it.
Old 02-08-05, 06:36 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick
Hi Toaster! If you do get it, be sure to let us know how you like it.
Will do! I can't decide since I don't really NEED any more yoga videos...we'll see!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-05, 06:44 PM  
tigger

Try videos from Lawrence Biscontini. He is an ACE instructor of the year and has lots of videos. I don't think he is widely known because he is a fitness presenter (for instructor workshops, conventions, etc.). Several of his workouts are through Sara City Workouts. I know he did a workshop at Dallas Mania (convention) with a moon salutation series, and I am pretty sure I saw a video as well.
tigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geri halliwell, non-region 1 dvds, yoga audios