Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-23-04, 08:47 PM  
joanmh
Registered

Thanks so much for all the suggestions!
Hopefully someday the Geribody Yoga will be available for region 1; I already have 2 DVDs players; so can't justify getting another. I was able to find the Harper's Bazaar workout at half.com; so I am looking forward to trying it. Thanks Brick for your thorough description- it sounds wonderful! Production quality isn't usually an issue for me, so I also decided to order the Forgotten Salutations; it's currently on backorder though. I also found Full Moon Yoga ( I don't mind woo woo) on Amazon. That should keep me busy mastering the salutations to the earth & moon. Then I'll be all set for summer when dh & I love to practice yoga on the beach!
joanmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-04, 10:17 PM  
Katherine_99

Forgotten Salutations looks good, I've missed doing moon salutations since I stopped taking classes. What did you think of the instructor on this video?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie S.
Yes, THAT'S what I was trying to think of!!! I hadn't posted because I couldn't remember which of my videos had that. This is a really good video, but if you're looking for super production quality, you'll probably want to skip it. I'm sure I had done a review, but I can't find any reviews for Lawrence B. either in the New Reviews section or on the instructor index. Next time I do it, I'll do another review so it's fresh in my memory.
Katherine_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-04, 09:07 AM  
Annie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine_99
Forgotten Salutations looks good, I've missed doing moon salutations since I stopped taking classes. What did you think of the instructor on this video?
He's very good. He's not as charismatic as Bryan Kest, Rodney Yee, etc. But he's personable and seems to know his stuff.
Annie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-04, 10:27 AM  
Katherine_99

Thanks Annie and Brick for your feedback! I bet there are a number of us ordering these videos now. I'll pass on Full Moon Yoga and Geri, but will look into the others.

joanmh, have you thought about getting Geri's video changed over to the other format? I did that once ages ago, when I found a PAL video overseas I just had to have.
Old 03-27-04, 06:37 PM  
Katherine_99

One more question, if anyone knows the answer to this... How do "The Forgotten Salutations" and Yvette Mimieux's video differ, other than the time factor? (the former being 90 mins long and Yvette's being much shorter). I ordered both and apparently both have been shipped. But as I'm in Canada it could be a 6 week wait thanks to Customs. I'm really curious!
Old 04-03-04, 10:54 AM  
SharonH
VF Supporter

I hope Geri's workout is eventually available in the US, too. I had a hard time finding Yvette's video on Amazon. They don't include "Harper's Bazaar" in the workout title, so you either have to pull it up under Yvette Mimieux's name or just key in "Yoga Workout." I'm not sure why they did it this way.
SharonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-04, 08:36 PM  
Katherine_99

"The Forgotten Salutations" arrived and I'm watching it now as I type. Yikes, I wish the instructor didn't talk so much... You can tell he's a regular fitness instructor, rather than specializing in yoga. I sure hope there's a little less talking on Yvette Mimieux's tape! 90 minutes of this might be a bit harsh........ :rolleyes:
Old 04-07-04, 08:44 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
"The Forgotten Salutations" arrived and I'm watching it now as I type. Yikes, I wish the instructor didn't talk so much... You can tell he's a regular fitness instructor, rather than specializing in yoga. I sure hope there's a little less talking on Yvette Mimieux's tape! 90 minutes of this might be a bit harsh........ :rolleyes:
LOL Isn't this the guy who does some sort of Aqua Yoga Chi or some other forgotten oriental waterscape form?

But, I would like to know if the moon salutation is like the one in Geribody yoga and the other links mentioned above, and I am curious about the Earth salutation. Or whatever else got "forgotten"

And I'm looking forward to hearing about Yvette Mimieux's tape as well.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-04, 10:00 PM  
Katherine_99

Yeah, he's the same guy. Actually he seems pretty likeable (and he knows his stuff). Just very verbal. lol. I'll get a better idea when I actually do the yoga. Maybe then I won't notice the chatter so much as I focus on what I'm doing (I hope!). I ate when I got home tonight so will have to wait a bit to try out the routine. It's been so long since I've done some of the "forgotten" poses, I'm curious about how they'll feel. Have you done the moon salutation before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie
LOL Isn't this the guy who does some sort of Aqua Yoga Chi or some other forgotten oriental waterscape form?

But, I would like to know if the moon salutation is like the one in Geribody yoga and the other links mentioned above, and I am curious about the Earth salutation. Or whatever else got "forgotten"

And I'm looking forward to hearing about Yvette Mimieux's tape as well.
Old 04-07-04, 10:29 PM  
Sophie

Quote:
Have you done the moon salutation before?
Not since the lunar eclipse in November - I did 28 that night to salute the moon

The one I know is the one I linked to upthread, and I learned it from my Kripalu yoga teacher. I don't know if it originates from that tradition or, if they just remembered something someone forgot. That's part of the reason I'm curious about the Yvette/Saby tape - Brick says in her post that he originated the moon salutation presented in that tape, so I'm wondering if it's the same one I learned. Just curious.

I think our Karen N here at VF has had classes with that Lawrence guy and said he's actually pretty fun.

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geri halliwell, non-region 1 dvds, yoga audios