Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-05-03, 11:45 PM  
Mike Zen

Has anybody tried the Body RX programme?

Sorry if this is a repeated thread but I tried doing a search on this topic but there were no results.

I just finished reading Body for Life last month which I thought was quite interesting. Anyway, I bought the book Body RX by Scott Connelly yesterday and after the first 2 chapters, I am really really intrigued and intend to embark on his programme after I've finished reading the book.

The only dampener is that I do NOT agree with him that I should skip aerobics because there is NO way I am going to give up my Cathe, Franny and step workouts. Besides his 4 day a week weight training programme, I intend to add on 2 step workouts a week.

I am wondering whether anybody has tried the programme? Did you have any results? Did you modify the programme to add cardio in between the weight training?

Thanks.
Mike Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-03, 07:17 AM  
Sunrise
VF Supporter

I tried it using Cathe's Slow and Heavy - I only made it about 5 weeks, though. I didn't do any cardio and at the end of the 5 weeks I was gasping through the legs section.

I got quite strong. In only five weeks I moved from 10 lb dumbbells to 25 lb dumbbells on my shoulders for the legs section.

If I had stuck with it I think I would have greatly increased my endurance and my strength but I don't like to use the same tapes over and over...

I have every intention of trying it again someday and sticking with it but right now I am working on increasing my cardio endurance.

As far as the eating program - we are not allowed to talk about it but here but there is a body RX board at MSN where you can get tons of info. I'm going to try to find it a minute and post a link.

okay - it is telling my the system is not working now but try to do a search at www.cathe.com and I'm sure you'll find a link. Mindi - where are you?! LOL

Okay - I found the link http://ca.msnusers.com/BodyRXVillage there is a ton of info on how to do this program. Some people use weight machines at the gym, some use videos, some do cardio, some don't...I found this site very helpful. Hope it helps you too!
Sunrise is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body rx, scott connelly