Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-10-03, 09:06 PM  
Seabush

I haven't used weighted balls. I like to use leg weights in place of dumbbells for videos that require weights on the legs.

Crystal
Seabush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-03, 09:55 PM  
Patty

You can get a set of 3 pound weighted balls with video and a 8 pound bodybar with 2 pounds of aditional weight right now at Target clearance priced for $21.00.
Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-03, 11:57 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

Target set

was $15 at my Target -- the bar and balls! I refrained since I have versions of both, but such a deal!

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-03, 12:09 AM  
lissalaurel76

I have a 3 pound ball I got from Walmart. The box says its a medicine ball. They also have 5 pound balls. These look to be filled with sand.

I LOVE mine. It came with a little fitness booklet. Has like 12 exercises you can do with it. The cost was, if I remember correctly, $7.87 for a 3 pound, and $14.87 for a 5 pound.

Dunham's Sports also has these for about the same price I think. I buy my weights there now. They are lower priced, or similarly priced, to other stores around here, and are close by.

Anyways, I really love it. I am wanting to purchase another one.
lissalaurel76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-03, 07:07 AM  
caragoub
VF Supporter

At the airport

they thought they were suspicious! I came home with the Bally set (12.00 at Sports Authority, 3 lbs apiece) and they opened my luggage because they were so "dense"!!

I had to explain to Mr. Customs inspector that they were Pilates balls that we don't have in France. I think he thought I was a bit...off.

I really like them, and do them with KV's Streamlined Fitness. Which I also like

Cara
caragoub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-03, 08:15 AM  
Tamara
VF Supporter

These got me in "trouble" at the airport as well...

Lucky for me the inspector was a fitness fan--she wound up asking me lots of questions about how to use them and where to find them. I have several sets now--I got 5 lb. balls when FWonline first started carrying them and had a special deal. I got the KV green genies with an intro deal, and I got a Denise Druce set on sale at Kohls. I've loaned one set out with my VHS copy of streamline fitness, and use the other two sets everywhere I can think of, varying the weight depending on how I feel on a given day.

We've also been using them at the studio where I'm teaching--it's great! I use them for my Yogaball and Pilates Matwork classes, as well as more traditional ab, upper and lower body work. These are current favorites for us.

Hope you are able to find some! Have a great day!

cheers,
Tamara

Tags
tjmaxx, weighted ball workouts, weighted balls