Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-17-21, 12:37 PM  
Pam

It was probably about 10 years ago, I was at a Yoga Conference at Estes Park, Colorado. Waiting for a talk to start in a large auditorium, I started talking to the woman sitting next to me. She says that she has a lot of workout DVDs and it was Laurajhawk from VF!

Several VFers and I, who live in this part of Colorado, we use to get together for lunch and then go to Thrift Stores.
Old 07-17-21, 12:56 PM  
geojill

I've met laurajhawk. We live in the same town. I've gone to a couple of Travis Eliot classes with her when he came to a local studio here several years back, and have also gone to that studio a couple of times with her for other classes followed by coffee (always fun, and I kick myself for not keeping up with it). We're friends on facebook now and I still need to reach out about our dogs having a play date together

Also, because we are friends on FB and two years ago she posted something about a black is beautiful sale at a kitten rescue, we have an awesome cat in our house that we wouldn't have had otherwise. He is standoffish but always likes to hang out with me and lets me pet him while I do yoga.
Old 07-17-21, 01:29 PM  
Vantreesta

I have met several forum friends in person, all were from the Collage days before we moved to VF when Collage sold. SandyO and I have been get-together friends since we met to do a race together in 2009, I think it was, before either of us had taken up running. I have also met Leonana/Sherry and Pratima when I was visiting AZ. Most of the others don't post at VF anymore or not often anyway (except Izzy/Mary still does!), but I met all of them at a Travis Eliot weekend in Chicago several years ago (and we had lunch with Travis where I totally fan-girled ). One of the ladies I had met before that in AZ as a surprise tag-along when she had arranged to meet my mom (Miss Scarlett). I have very much enjoyed IRL meetings and honestly there are a few that I am so close to I feel like I have met them IRL even though I haven't! (I hope my memory has served well and I didn't forget any meetings!)
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 06:09 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

The VFers in the DC metro area (from Baltimore down into Virginia) used to get together on a quasi-regular basis. We got together at fitness shows, met at people's houses, etc. I also meet some people in that area one-on-one for lunch or to meet up for a trade.

While on a cruise that stopped in Nova Scotia, I met boakley (Beth). Next week, while I'm on vacation in California, Paula and I will get together.

Bzar - Someday, I hope to be added to your list of people you have met. I want to get back to Hawaii someday.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 07:30 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post

Bzar - Someday, I hope to be added to your list of people you have met. I want to get back to Hawaii someday.
yes!

i was looking at my old emails and some of your old emails popped up. we were discussing Gilad - at the time, he was still teaching live classes, and that was on our to-do list if the opportunity ever came up!

he doesn't teach live classes anymore and I rarely go to his site to see whether he's teaching virtually or doing impromptu workouts online. he should!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 08:47 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
The VFers in the DC metro area (from Baltimore down into Virginia) used to get together on a quasi-regular basis. We got together at fitness shows, met at people's houses, etc. I also meet some people in that area one-on-one for lunch or to meet up for a trade.
Yes!! I attended at least one (I have a horrible memory, maybe attended more than one). It was at someone's home. Several VFers: WWWendy, SueB, along with Laura, maybe a few more!

-Anita
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 09:02 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

I actually went to my first studio yoga class with a group of VFers, I think around 2004? I remember Jane C, JennC (who I don't think posts anymore), Mopsy (Louise from Syracuse, who is still around)...there were several others, but those are the only ones I can recall.

Oh, I forget, when I was in Karen Voight's test group back in 2005 (Sleek Essentials), there were several VFers in the group, and when some of us got to go to LA to film an infomercial, I met Lisa C and Fran from Hawaii.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 09:29 PM  
Buzzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post

Several VFers and I, who live in this part of Colorado, we use to get together for lunch and then go to Thrift Stores.
I was just thinking of you guys and wondering if I should get in touch with everyone and get together again! That was a blast! I loved it! Especially the store that had fitness equipment and DVD's from Gaiam. That was so much fun. Plus I have DVD's to give away to the group if we get together!

I have met the VF'ers in the kinda Northern metro and Foothills areas of Colorado. I have to say they were all so nice! LB would come with us, and they treated her so well and never acted like she was a bother at all. She's 9 now, so she would probably sit and talk fitness with us and she loves to dig through DVDs! I still have the tiger hat I bought on one of our outings for her!

I also met Eventmom when she was on a vacation in Colorado. She was just as nice as I expected her to be, and it was like seeing an old friend!
TA Omni 90 days completed! 7/11/11-ish
Tapout XT1 90 days DONE! 6/29/13
Body Beast: Done 3/14, minus the last week. I started JNL and never looked back!
JNL DONE! 5/12/14
Buzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 10:17 PM  
fanofladyvols

I have only met one!

Well it only took me SEVENTEEN years but I finally met a real live VFer--- Seabliss!

It was awesome She's incredibly sweet and just like you'd imagine a VFer to be in person. I only wish I had met her before.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-21, 10:18 PM  
Helen

Would LOVE to !! Had notions of doing a tour of USA specifically TO meet VFers around Easter this year - even started initial plans about it.

But then COVID happened.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf get-together, vf love