Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-21, 06:24 PM  
bjones

So...Lift and Shift...Anyone competed it?

I see Jessica is offering Lift and Shift again. Has anyone done the 12 week program and how did you like it? How does it compare to other programs like Cathe's?
bjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 07:49 PM  
Elsie

I've been wondering the same!! Lol.
I so wish Jessica would consider offering this as downloads. But I get that this isn't exactly the 'system'/support that this regimen/program is going for.
Elsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 08:05 PM  
Leonana

I didn't complete the full three months, but did one month. I've never done Cathe, so I don't know how it compares. There are some members of the Jessica Smith Junkees FB group who did all three months. They loved it. All of them increased their strength, and some lost inches and weight.

I stopped after four weeks, because I didn't have the endurance for it, I was too tired at the end of the day. I did increase my strength, and noticed some more definition. I didn't lose inches or weight, but I didn't change my eating. I'm going to start again, but limit myself to two strength workouts per week. I'm 61, and I don't have the endurance I used to have.

I have lost some weight recently doing Jessica's other workouts, such as Walk Strong 1, but I changed my eating too. I'm interested in seeing if that will continue with the more intense workouts in Lift & Shift. I tend to eat more with more intense workouts. I think as long as I eat the right foods for strength training, I should maintain the weight loss.
Old 06-23-21, 10:10 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I purchased the program on March 14th and did not last a month. After two weeks, I was feeling some dread with these so only did them sporadically after that a couple times a week.

The workouts were challenging, but I didn't always care for doing multiple circuits with a few of the workouts. I also think I expected this to be a truly heavy lifting program, and not all of the workouts were geared towards that. It didn't feel as fully flushed out, considering it had been in the works for a while.

I love Jessica and have everything she's ever put out, but in the long run I realized these weren't for me. I have done many of Jessica's other programs (Walk On/Walk Strong sets) and always enjoyed the rotations and Jessica's motivation.

I also have plenty other strength training programs (a HUGE Cathe collection) plus a ton of other instructors to choose from. I don't always select Cathe when I'm pressed for time, but I love Cathe's energy! Another favorite is KCM for quick, efficient workouts.

When I return to Jessica's workouts, I'll stick to what she's released to DVD or her YouTube workouts.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-21, 10:28 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Session #1: Total Body Strength [Compound Supersets] (Total Workout Time: Approx. 50 Minutes)
Session #2: Fine Toning (Total Workout Time: Approx. 31 Minutes)
Session #3: Total-Body Definition [Paired Supersets] (Total Workout Time: Approx. 51 Minutes)
Session #4: Total-Body Stamina [The Fundamentals Circuit] (Total Workout Time: Approx. 41 Minutes)
Session #5: Mobility Moves: Wind Down (Total Workout Time: Approx. 21 Minutes)
Session #6: Lower-Body Circuit (Total Workout Time: Approx. 42 Minutes)
Session #7: Upper-Body Circuit (Total Workout Time: Approx. 44 Minutes)
Session #8: Core Control [Functional Sequence Series] (Total Workout Time: Approx. 15 Minutes)
Session #9: Total-Body Circuit [Primary Moves] (Total Workout Time: Approx. 54 Minutes)
Session #10: Mobility Moves: Wake Up Mix (Total Workout Time: Approx. Approx. 21 Minutes)
Session #11: High-Intensity Interval Resistance Training [HIIRT] (Total Workout Time: Approx. 52 Minutes)
Session #12: Core Challenge [Performance Sequence Series] (Total Workout Time: Approx. 11 Minutes)
BONUS Session: Express [Post-Workout] Stretch (Total Movement Time: Approx. 5 Minutes)

Current Rotation:
Old 06-23-21, 10:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I also had difficulties with the use of Purple Player platform or streaming from Jessica's Lift and Shift page, at times. I found it frustrating and problematic. I workout in my basement and the program would freeze up multiple times.

Current Rotation:
Old 06-24-21, 08:45 AM  
laurajhawk

I did about six weeks, I think. Like lots of VFers I felt a bit of workout ADD, plus the length of the workouts wasn't always easy for me to fit in (the core weight workouts are 50-55 minutes), but I didn't feel bad from the workouts themselves; I felt good. I really liked it, though, and will do it again, maybe mixing in other things. I liked the somewhat slower & heavier lifting style compared to Jessica's usual, I liked the variety and that it's relatively simple, and Jessica is her usual encouraging self. I missed Debbie (Jessica's mom) but loved having Peanut there (her dog). Purple Player was pretty awful for me, but I ended up playing the workouts from Jessica's site via my laptop (not phone, that was bad too) using AppleTV to stream to my TV.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 10:20 AM  
ellaenchanted

I bought i but I haven't done it yet. I just didn't have the mental energy to do it. I finally got back to fitness after a 10 month hiatus and have eased into it by using Pahla B.'s monthly challenges. After only a week, I already feel much better and muscle memory is an amazing thing. I will get to Lift and Shift after building back some strength and endurance. I have learned that I am in a place where I prefer intermediate, moderate workouts so I may also modify or shorten some of the Lift and Shift workouts.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-21, 10:21 AM  
Leonana

My experience with Purple Player was different, it worked fine for me. In fact, I find it more convenient than dvds. I used my Roku

Although, I had trouble setting it up. I could access the program from the Lift and Shift website, but not from PP. I needed it on PP for Roku. It took a few days with customer service to get it fixed. But that was the first week it came out, and I think the PP IT people were really busy.
Old 06-24-21, 11:07 AM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
My experience with Purple Player was different, it worked fine for me. In fact, I find it more convenient than dvds. I used my Roku
If PurplePlayer had an AppleTV app that worked well, it would be more convenient than DVDs for me. That's how I use BeachBody On Demand and YouTube workouts. Purple advertised AppleTV support, but when I contacted them, they said that just meant that you could use Purple on a different supported device and AirPlay to the AppleTV.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews