Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-22-21, 07:07 PM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by anetta View Post
The Office-on Comedy Central-still see things I haven't seen before-love it.

Anita
I had been watching The Office (repeatedly ) on Netflix and then after it left Netflix, I decided to buy the complete DVD set for my birthday this year. I'm so glad I did! There are tons of extras. Lately, I've started listening to The Office Ladies podcast where they talk in depth about each episode, and then I go back and watch the episode that they just talked about. Talk about seeing things I hadn't seen before! The Office Ladies are very thorough in bringing all the little details about the show to light.

I also got myself Britbox for my birthday and I've been bingeing on Death in Paradise. I had seen the first 6 or 7 seasons on Netflix, but then I guess it switched over to Britbox, so I'm almost caught up on the whole show now. I'm also bingeing the Vicar of Dibley.

Donna
Old 05-22-21, 07:10 PM  
schoolgirl-01

Does Dynamic Pilates TV count? i signed up for a free 2 weeks and have to decide if i want to stick with them or not. i already have John Garey TV so i'm not inclined to have 2
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 07:36 PM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1013 View Post

Also, the current season of The Handmaid's Tale which is completely depressing but I'm riveted nontheless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post

Yes, The Handmaid's Tale is depressing, but I'm still watching, too.
The Handmaid’s Tale is awesome!! So addictive! “Blessed be the fruit!” Did you guys catch the part in Season 2 episode “Holly” where Offred is in the car and turns on the radio and hears Oprah’s voice?

Also, a few months ago, we finished Animal Kingdom which is also very addictive. Can’t wait for the new season this summer!
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 07:21 AM  
Carol K

I still don't binge-watch, but I'm finishing Atlantic Crossing on PBS and I just finished No Second Chance on PBS Passport. I also think I watched every episode of Death in Paradise this season (still have to watch last night's episode). I've only watched an occasional episode before, but I really like the current detective. I watched the season finale of The Connors last night and I have the finales of NCIS and This Is Us set to record this week.
Old 05-23-21, 07:40 AM  
sherry7899

I cannot believe this season of This is Us is almost over already and it won't be back on until January of 2022! Sigh...it is the one show I look forward to watching. I am grateful they were even able to film at all this past year, though.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 08:14 AM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

I forgot about "Death in Paradise". I know I have at least one or two newer seasons to find. That was an enjoyable and original show with good production. The solutions were sometimes unlikely, but it was fun to watch.
Old 05-23-21, 09:21 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonana View Post
My daughter and I are watching Schitt's Creek. She has watched it previously, but I'm late to the party. We enjoy it a lot.
I'm cycling through this for the third or maybe fourth time! I love it! I usually watch a couple of episodes before bed. I like something light and humorous before bedtime.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 09:35 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Since May the 4th we started re-watching ALL NINE of the Star Wars (originals, prequels, sequels and stand alone) movies.

Now we've discovered "the Mandolorian" series and it's so good! We rented (streamed?) the Disney+ movie channel for a month at $8, just so we could see this series (two seasons so far!) And, the added bonus is watching any of the Disney movies, as well! The Mandolorian theme song is fabulous as is the artwork that they show during the credits! It's rated higher than most (if not all) of the Star Wars movies! It's like a futuristic Western set in space!

Some of the Star Wars movies were stinkers. The originals were some of the better ones, as well as the two movies introducing Rey and a young Han Solo.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-21, 12:14 PM  
Leonana

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I'm cycling through this for the third or maybe fourth time! I love it! I usually watch a couple of episodes before bed. I like something light and humorous before bedtime.
Me too, it always cheers me up. It's a nice time of connection with my daughter, who is 20 and so busy with work, school and friends. She will be moving out soon, boo hoo. But she doesn't want me watching it without her. I told her, well, you will have to visit often, lol.
Old 05-23-21, 12:59 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
That is me with Ted Lasso. I watched it three or four times. I haven't revisited yet, but probably will before the new season is released. I love that man.

Tags
binge watch, favorite tv shows, off topic