Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-20-21, 09:26 AM  
Sollamyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
...gardening! I pulled a muscle in my side after working in the yard on Sunday. I was mowing and planting and spent quite a bit of time gardening on Sunday. I didn't notice anything off on Sunday, but when I woke up Monday morning I could definitely feel I strained something on my side. I'm doing better, but I'm hesitant to work out because I can't really avoid using my core. If you have a lower body injury you can work on upper body and vice versa, but when your core is sore you're out of luck. I haven't done a workout since Saturday and I'm feeling a bit lazy, but I also know it is best to not push it, either. I'm just frustrated. Thanks for letting me vent!
As someone who is struggling with a long-term injury healing process, I feel for ya! I hope you recover as quickly as humanly possible.

Donna
Old 05-20-21, 09:33 AM  
BunnyHop

If it brings anyone some comfort, try to remember that even little, seemingly inconsequential acts can cause injury.

My dad used to laugh about the time his back went out because he'd twisted and leaned over as he licked a stamp and put it on an envelope. The moment the stamp was down he realized he simply could not lift himself from that position.
Old 05-20-21, 09:36 AM  
star117

This is why I don't garden! I hope you all heal quickly!!

I pulled a muscle in my lower back - not too bad, but it was in the moment and for about 24 hours - on mother's day doing a LESLIE Walk dvd!!! I bent over to get my water, and it was an immediate pain! I couldn't believe it. No idea how that happened.
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 09:37 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyHop View Post
If it brings anyone some comfort, try to remember that even little, seemingly inconsequential acts can cause injury.

My dad used to laugh about the time his back went out because he'd twisted and leaned over as he licked a stamp and put it on an envelope. The moment the stamp was down he realized he simply could not lift himself from that position.
I think I started a thread a month or two ago about spraining my ankle...standing still! I stood from a chair and just shifted my weight a wee bit. Ankle totally gave out from under me. I'm still mending from that!
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-21, 10:43 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
I think I started a thread a month or two ago about spraining my ankle...standing still! I stood from a chair and just shifted my weight a wee bit. Ankle totally gave out from under me. I'm still mending from that!
Sprains are so painful!

I can so relate to the randomness. I've got some bursitis in one hip that I only notice when I move this one specific way, usually just turning and shifting my weight a tiny bit. Typically, in moments when I don't have space enough to move freely. So uncomfortable and awkward.
Old 05-20-21, 05:06 PM  
wendug

Looks like I'm on the road to recovery. Yay! I walked the dogs this morning and didn't notice any pain on my side. Took a chance with a workout today and did Tough Cardio Mix from the Firm. No issues, but this workout only uses light weights. Hey, I'll take it. I don't want to over-do it! I do think I'll wait a while to resume my beloved kickboxing workouts. I don't think my side can handle all that core twisting right now.
Old 05-20-21, 07:37 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Glad you are feeling better Wendy!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 10:00 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Looks like I'm on the road to recovery. Yay! I walked the dogs this morning and didn't notice any pain on my side. Took a chance with a workout today and did Tough Cardio Mix from the Firm. No issues, but this workout only uses light weights. Hey, I'll take it. I don't want to over-do it! I do think I'll wait a while to resume my beloved kickboxing workouts. I don't think my side can handle all that core twisting right now.

Wendy
, I'm glad you're feeling better! I don't garden (brown thumb) but I have hurt myself more often doing housework than doing actual workouts.

We have to keep moderation in mind at all times!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 10:16 AM  
warriorprincess

I definitely consider yardwork as exercise! I even log it on my workout calendar.

I had to use a push lawnmower that uses weedeater string along my fenceline last week, and my heartrate was in the 140's when I finished! That's high for me. Almost always if I look, I'll find out my heart rate average was higher than I would have thought when working outside.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-21, 12:25 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Wendy
, I'm glad you're feeling better! I don't garden (brown thumb) but I have hurt myself more often doing housework than doing actual workouts.
Well, OK! I banged my elbow doing laundry today.

I rest my case!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gardening, injuries