Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-06-21, 01:49 PM  
Pam

History of Crunch DVDs

I did the step workout today by Kendall Hogan, that is on a 2000 The Best of Crunch with another step workout by Michelle Nevidomsky.

A promo at the beginning showed an outdoor sign and pictures of a gym. These DVDs (and probably the VHS tapes) are from before I found at home workouts. So, I am curious of the history behind the "Crunch".

I think I have most of the ones that were put out on DVDs, but guessing that were some only put out on VHS tapes. What are your favorites?
Old 05-06-21, 01:57 PM  
Kitten

I *had* the step workout, but gave it away here (I am choreographically challenged)

I love, love, love the yoga workouts with Sara Ivanhoe. I rarely do Candlelight yoga, but I love the morning energizer on this dvd.

I bought a 3 pack of pilates ones with Ellen Barrett, pick your spot belly probably gets the most use nowadays.

I loved Bootcamp training, but I have not done it in forever - I had this one on vhs.
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 02:26 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I had all of Ellen Barrett's Crunch VHS and upgraded all of them to DVD when my tape player died.
  • Pick Your Spot Pilates
  • Fat Burning Pilates
  • Burn & Firm Pilates
  • Super SlimDown Pilates Yoga Blend

I also had the Fat Burning Dance Party and Latin Rhythms but traded those.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 02:39 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I had Crunch Master Class Sculpt with Nancy Popp. she was dressed like a dominatrix.

I also had several others, and still have Ellen's. I worked out at the Crunch Fitness gym in San Francisco with Andre Houle years ago when I was there on a business trip and met Kendall Hogan in the train station on the way to a fitness conference in Atlantic City.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 03:10 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam View Post
I did the step workout today by Kendall Hogan, that is on a 2000 The Best of Crunch with another step workout by Michelle Nevidomsky.
Didn't Michelee Nevidomsky later become Michelle Dozois?
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-21, 03:11 PM  
Pam

Thanks everyone for your info! Most of mine are still virgins, but excited to try them out over the next few months. I forgot about Sara’s yoga one. It use to be a favorite.
Old 05-06-21, 03:13 PM  
Pam

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
The picture with the DVD does look like a younger version of Michelle Dozois.
Old 05-06-21, 03:25 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Yes.
Old 05-06-21, 03:32 PM  
Mickey12

I have several Crunch workouts that made it to DVD. I also have a couple from VHS that I converted to DVD including a weights workout with Billy Blanks and one with Tracy York.

I really like the Crunch Bootcamp Training with Susan Hitzman, from 1999, which I think made it to DVD. My favorite from VHS is called Master Class Aerobics from 1996. The instructor is Michael Perron. It's an hour of hi/lo and it's super fun. I converted it to DVD but I don't think I've done it since I converted it. I should definitely do it again soon.

ESPN used to air Crunch workout shows. They were a half hour and included hip/hop, hi lo, weights, salsa, etc. I still have a VHS full of shows I taped from TV.
Old 05-06-21, 03:57 PM  
Karla25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
I have several Crunch workouts that made it to DVD. I also have a couple from VHS that I converted to DVD including a weights workout with Billy Blanks and one with Tracy York.

I really like the Crunch Bootcamp Training with Susan Hitzman, from 1999, which I think made it to DVD. My favorite from VHS is called Master Class Aerobics from 1996. The instructor is Michael Perron. It's an hour of hi/lo and it's super fun. I converted it to DVD but I don't think I've done it since I converted it. I should definitely do it again soon.

ESPN used to air Crunch workout shows. They were a half hour and included hip/hop, hi lo, weights, salsa, etc. I still have a VHS full of shows I taped from TV.
It did make it to DVD. I just acquired it a few days ago :-) It’s also on YouTube:
https://youtu.be/5iacDmTllPw

Tags
crunch, tv fitness programs, video history, vintage videos, vintage workouts