Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-23-21, 02:51 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

question: Amazon video downloads for purchase

How can you tell if you will own a video download if you purchase it vs. owning the ability to stream it?

i was interested in Tony Little's Fat Free:
https://www.amazon.com/Lower-Body-Re...9207456&sr=8-1

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 03:24 PM  
jusca

All Amazon digital video purchases are streaming and offline download in the app only. You won't ever actually own the video. That's unfortunate.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 11:38 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

jusca, thank you for your reply.

my next few questions for anyone:

1) what Amazon Prime exercise videos have you purchased and liked?
2) what about the "free" Amazon Prime videos, exercise or otherwise?

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 06:19 PM  
jetlitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
my next few questions for anyone:

1) what Amazon Prime exercise videos have you purchased and liked?
2) what about the "free" Amazon Prime videos, exercise or otherwise?
Several of Tracie Long and Gin Miller's workouts were "free" (for members) on Amazon Prime Video (APV). They're no longer free on APV, but you can rent/buy them for $.99/$2.99 each.

I've tried a few other workouts on APV, but to be honest, I don't remember them.
jetlitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 07:54 PM  
BamaTanya

Several of Jenny Ford's are on Prime.

Amazon doesn't make it easy to search for free fitness videos.
BamaTanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 10:23 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I bought streaming access to Amy Dixon's Breathless Body 3 HIIT It Big when it was on sale for 99 cents on amazon back in 2017 (checked my amazon records for the year). Someone on VF of course was the one who mentioned it was 99 cents at the time and I couldn't resist. I've still yet to try it AND I've since bought a physical DVD of the workout since I'm not really into the whole streaming thing.

FWIW, it still shows up as a movie purchase in my amazon purchases & rentals section and I can still stream it from amazon.

I admit I recently tried using Ant video downloader to try and see if it could handle downloading streaming amazon content (Ant is a browser add-on that horsemom2 mentioned re: downloading streaming content from purple player in a thread last month). Turns out, Ant video downloader does not appear to be able to beat amazon's encryption or whatever. (I was just curious.)
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 11:32 PM  
jusca

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
I bought streaming access to Amy Dixon's Breathless Body 3 HIIT It Big when it was on sale for 99 cents on amazon back in 2017 (checked my amazon records for the year). Someone on VF of course was the one who mentioned it was 99 cents at the time and I couldn't resist. I've still yet to try it AND I've since bought a physical DVD of the workout since I'm not really into the whole streaming thing.

FWIW, it still shows up as a movie purchase in my amazon purchases & rentals section and I can still stream it from amazon.

I admit I recently tried using Ant video downloader to try and see if it could handle downloading streaming amazon content (Ant is a browser add-on that horsemom2 mentioned re: downloading streaming content from purple player in a thread last month). Turns out, Ant video downloader does not appear to be able to beat amazon's encryption or whatever. (I was just curious.)

I bought the Shazzy Fit workout on Amazon Prime because it was like $3 at one time. I did it once on there and quickly bought the dvd. This thread reminded about that purchase years ago.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon prime videos