Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-21, 06:25 AM  
DCW

I am glad that all of you are here. I came to DVD late since I worked out at a rec center. Over the years our instructor had us buy different gear. So it comes in handy now. Fast forward and I started with Classical Stretch on PBS then the time slot changed I started buying DVDs.

Now the pandemic. I had my DVDs, exercise equipment and was prepared. I am so glad I have y'all as my virtual workout buddies. Y'all have helped me keep my spirit up.

Thanks to all!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 08:17 AM  
TinaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori_Michigan View Post
Perimenopause and injuries. At 47, I feel like 87. My mind wants to do Cathe workouts. But my poor body can only handle walking and CS on a good day. Now that exercise won't control my weight, my working out days feel like they're already behind me sadly.
Lori, I've been feeling this way for some time but continue to try to get some weight work in here and there. Do what you can and be kind to yourself. I'm 56 and know I've got some amazing years ahead of me. Being in shape needs to be a part of that.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 11:33 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

While I have not been as active on VF as some of you, this is a really nice community, and I'm glad it's here.

I agree with what others have said: fewer new releases on DVD by exercise instructors, and the general age demographic of this community. With the exception of Reddit, most social media that I'm aware of are not forums. I could be wrong, but I don't get the feeling that younger people are into the forum environment, even if they might be into home workouts.

I very rarely buy anything anymore. I recently bought Cathe Friedrich's LITE: Body Weight and Bands workout. It's terrific and I'm glad I have it. Finally, a Cathe workout I can do that doesn't require a gym's worth of equipment!!! I saw here that she has new band workouts coming ... so maybe I'll bite. But I'd get them as downloads.

For many years, and especially during the pandemic, I've been working out to old favorites. Those are the workouts I love and I have not gotten tired of them. I'm just not real interested in acquiring new hard-copy exercise videos. In fact, Cathe's video, and Margaret Richard's Getting Better, are the only two strength workouts I own on DVD. The other 10 DVDs I own are yoga.

Every other workout I do is from YouTube or Vimeo; mostly old favorites but some newer ones as well. Someone here recently mentioned a Barlates YouTube workout for inner and outer thighs. I tried it and am doing it 3X per week. It's a total burner! I hate it but I love it.

Basically, I don't think I do workouts that anyone else would get excited about. I mean, I don't know interested y'all would be in a post from me, burbling about the greatness of Gilad's Arms of Steel workout. It's ancient. But I love it, and it's really effective. Ditto the other old workouts I do on YouTube.

Anyway ... this is a really great community, and I'm glad it's still here.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-21, 12:06 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
...So to me, for a few years now, VF has functioned/felt like a very large semi-private/closed forum or giant check-in of sorts--which is okay with me since it's better than VF not existing at all. But I am curious what new members would contribute to discussions and such if they were able to join because I'd love to hear even more voices and opinions and enthusiasm for home workouts.
Yes and yes.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum issues, new members, vf activity, vf site issues