Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-23-21, 04:05 PM  
Lori_Michigan

Perimenopause and injuries. At 47, I feel like 87. My mind wants to do Cathe workouts. But my poor body can only handle walking and CS on a good day. Now that exercise won't control my weight, my working out days feel like they're already behind me sadly.
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 04:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Sherry that's awesome!

Both my kids buy DVDs at used bookstores with their friends. And when I go, there are other young people doing the same in groups.

Beating a dead horse here.....

We DO have VFers who have joined, or attempted to register, that for whatever reason can't post. Some of them have joined the tapatalk VF roost so that they can post.

They could have added to the discussion and brought some new energy to the forum. If you make it hard like that, then it's easier for those folks to give up.乁( . ര ʖ̯ ര . )ㄏ

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 05:53 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
Beating a dead horse here.....

We DO have VFers who have joined, or attempted to register, that for whatever reason can't post. Some of them have joined the tapatalk VF roost so that they can post.

They could have added to the discussion and brought some new energy to the forum. If you make it hard like that, then it's easier for those folks to give up.乁( . ര ʖ̯ ര . )ㄏ

I agree. Over time I've had various theories about the decrease in activity in General Discussion.

While I believe we have lost a few members due to various controversies and people taking offense or inadvertently causing offense (like the fascia blaster wars that went on for instance), I think the main "issue" is that VF is losing members due to normal forum attrition AND there are no new members being activated on a regular basis to make up for the lost members that left due to age/season of life, personal circumstance, preferring other social media outlets, etc.

So to me, for a few years now, VF has functioned/felt like a very large semi-private/closed forum or giant check-in of sorts--which is okay with me since it's better than VF not existing at all. But I am curious what new members would contribute to discussions and such if they were able to join because I'd love to hear even more voices and opinions and enthusiasm for home workouts.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 06:31 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I enjoy my my check ins & post regularly, but I don’t often post on GD threads. TBH, my GD posts are largely ignored, I guess I’m kinda boring , so I figure why bother. It doesn’t upset me or anything, but I’m quite happy to stick to my regular check in groups.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 06:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

Pam I wanted to congratulate you on becoming a Level 4 Essentrics instructor!

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 04-23-21, 06:55 PM  
DCW

Yea!!!

Congratulations, Pam!!!

Yipee!!!

Fantastic and wonderful accomplishment!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 08:06 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Pam I wanted to congratulate you on becoming a Level 4 Essentrics instructor!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Yea!!!

Congratulations, Pam!!!

Yipee!!!

Fantastic and wonderful accomplishment!!
Aw, thanks you two!
It was a bucket list item for me. It was a journey and a lot of work, but I’m glad I followed it through to level 4.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-21, 08:08 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah O. View Post
I’ve been posting recently because of my renewed enthusiasm (near giddiness) for working out but I think anything I have to say has probably already been said on VF a hundred times before. How many people really want to gush with me about a 20-year-old Firm tape? I mean, you’re more than welcome to of course! But I can totally understand how my posts are pretty much old news.

Just to add, I’m so grateful for the vast archive of old threads here because I’ve been able to glean so much information and kind of experience vicariously the excitement that VFers felt when the workouts I’m doing now were actually released.
I'll chat with you about an older Firm workout! They released a lot of workouts over the years and some of them I never bought initially so I'm just now getting to them. So although a workout may be dated, it may be the first time I'm trying it! I often buy older "new to me" workouts and I appreciate the comments I find here at VF about those workouts.
Old 04-23-21, 08:42 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I'll chat with you about an older Firm workout! They released a lot of workouts over the years and some of them I never bought initially so I'm just now getting ..(snip)
.... I often buy older "new to me" workouts and I appreciate the comments I find here at VF about those workouts.
^^This

I'm late to nearly every party but love going to a good gushfest!!

Old 04-23-21, 09:10 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

Quote:
^^This

I'm late to nearly every party but love going to a good gushfest!!
QUOTE=wendug;2922652]I'll chat with you about an older Firm workout! They released a lot of workouts over the years and some of them I never bought initially so I'm just now getting to them. So although a workout may be dated, it may be the first time I'm trying it! I often buy older "new to me" workouts and I appreciate the comments I find here at VF about those workouts.[/QUOTE]

Ok ladies, you’re on! I look forward to chatting/gushing with you!
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum issues, new members, vf activity, vf site issues