Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-09-21, 09:07 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floren View Post
LOL Is she the "Top That" girl ?! She's got moves!
Lol, yes!! My sister and I still know the "Top That" song
Old 04-09-21, 10:28 PM  
Venus

I tend to like (or at least not mind) workouts others hate. Of the ones mentioned, the ones I have and like are Brazil Butt Lift, Cathe Shock Cardio System, Slim Series, Denise Austin, Richard Simmons, Yogalosophy, sun salutations, and The Butt Bible.

Denise Austin's Fat Blasting Yoga is an old favorite from (years back) when I couldn't really get into yoga. I also got Yogalosophy then. I read an article about Mandy Ingber's yoga routine for Jennifer Aniston and liked that it wasn't just traditional yoga, but had bodyweight exercises, too. I thought the DVD would be easier to follow than a paper workout, but I kept having to look at the screen. I still liked it, though. I should try it again since I haven't done it in a while and yoga is all I'm doing these days.

Others that come to mind are Jillian Michaels workouts (I love her Cardio Kickbox and Ripped in 30 workouts- they're old favorites, too!) and dance cardio. I feel like I often see requests for non-dance cardio.

I haven't done some of these in a while, but I pull them out now and then. BBL, Slim Series, The Butt Bible, and the Jillian Michaels workouts are some of the ones I turn to when I'm not sure what workout/rotation to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Gosh, idk. I'm kind of the opposite: I usually hate the workouts that everyone else loves. Now THAT, I could give you a list.
I'm curious about the list, too!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-21, 10:30 PM  
Paula N
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura S. View Post
There were times I swore I was the only one who did, much less loved, Marcos Prolo workouts. Then, someone else would post raves about them and I'd know I wasn't alone. He broke down moves in a way that I could follow and do complex choreography like it was no big deal.

And then, there was my for Twirl as I spun around my big basement. It was like having fun in a washing machine.
I only have Marco's Step Factory, but I agree with your assessment. I should track down some of his other workouts (although I don't think there are many).

I have never tried Twirl, but Marcus Irwin is one of my all-time favourite instructors.

No dress rehearsal. This is our life.
Paula N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:35 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Can you share which ones you love? I have the set but haven't used it in a very long time and can't remember any of it (I should have kept a log).

Erica
Sure! I love Conditioning Workout 3 - it's a total body workout in 40 minutes.

I love Shaping Workout 3 and Definition Workout 3 two of my favorite lower body workouts ever.

I love Cardio Tactics 1. Not my usual cup of tea, but there is a modifier (who actually modifies - a nitpick of mine). I usually just do the warmup, first circuit, and the cool down, making it a 20 minute workout.

I have a note about stretch and refresh "just okay, leave it for days I don't want to exercise."

Last edited by Kitten; 04-10-21 at 07:52 AM. Reason: wrote 1 instead of 3
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 05:35 AM  
maitai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
but Marcus Irwin is one of my all-time favourite instructors.
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 06:24 AM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
Sure! I love Conditioning Workout 1 - it's a total body workout in 40 minutes.

I love Shaping Workout 3 and Definition Workout 3 two of my favorite lower body workouts ever.

I love Cardio Tactics 1. Not my usual cup of tea, but there is a modifier (who actually modifies - a nitpick of mine). I usually just do the warmup, first circuit, and the cool down, making it a 20 minute workout.

I have a note about stretch and refresh "just okay, leave it for days I don't want to exercise."
Thank you!

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 07:53 AM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
Thank you!

Erica
Erica, that should say Conditioning Workout 3, not 1.

Sorry!
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 08:26 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula N View Post
I only have Marco's Step Factory, but I agree with your assessment. I should track down some of his other workouts (although I don't think there are many).

I have never tried Twirl, but Marcus Irwin is one of my all-time favourite instructors.
Paula - Yeah, even back in the day when there was talk about Marcus workouts, I seemed to be the only one talking about Twirl. You need a LOT of space for it and, at the time, I had a really big basement space.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 01:04 PM  
Garrie A.

Karen Voight's Power Packed Workout! It's fast, (mostly) high impact, and Karen's cueing isn't the greatest, but I love the music and old-school 80s/90s aerobics. Back when I first got it I hated it but now that I'm more advanced I absolutely love it.

Some clips from YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_qZyShiGBE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1liY-NVuH8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNPQ3qYXnz4
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-21, 01:21 PM  
Garrie A.

Some that haven't been mentioned yet:
-Breakthru Cardio Step 2
-CIA 9808 by Sherry Catlin
-CIA 2206/Step 2B Fit by Philip Gray (choreography is super fun, Philip is adorable, and I love the music)
-Hot Country Step by Ruth McGinnis (super basic choreography but I love the music, particularly "Cleopatra, Queen of Denial")
-Yoga Booty Ballet
-Abs of Steel 2000 (a lot of reviewers hated the cardio part because it's too easy, but it puts a smile on my face; the ab section is good but super tough)
-Buns of Steel 6 by Lynne Brick ("By George, you've got it!")
-The Method: Dance to Fitness
-The Method: Step Up to Dance, led by Lisa Wheeler (this one is a cardio step workout inspired by dance, and IMHO doesn't get the credit it deserves; Lisa is a good instructor and one of the male backgrounders is built similarly to me)
-From the infamous "10 Best Fitness" collection, the "Baby Boomer Light Impact Aerobic" workout on the Fat Burners DVD. Music is good and I wish the instructor Alison made more workouts. The other two workouts on that DVD weren't good at all though.
--------------------------------------------------------
CLX 6/19-9/19
STS Grad 11/19-2/20, 9/20-12/20

Current Focus:
Retro Rotation!!

Check out my blog by clicking on the "Home Page" link under my profile name.
Garrie A. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad workout, ez shaper pro, favorite workouts, hard sell, hits and misses, off the beaten path, settings, silly, tony little, vintage workouts