Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-21-21, 09:31 AM  
moonbeam31

Jessica Smith's Gentle Yoga plus Pilates

I just ordered this from Amazon, has anyone tried this one yet? This is her latest release, correct?
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-21, 03:27 PM  
sillygirl

Yes, this one and Simply Stretch are her most recent releases on DVD.

Mine is arriving any minute now (days earlier than expected!). I’ve been constantly checking the Amazon tracking status. I ended up purchasing the last 5 Jessica-produced DVDs left to complete my collection and really enjoying her workouts and stretches.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 09:29 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I ordered this one as soon as it was a "new release" on Amazon. I posted my first impressions in the LONG "vague updates thread" so knew I'd commented someplace a while back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I did the Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates (Floor Flow) workout today. Another great workout with Jessica's gentle guidance and superb cueing. Pacing was slow and controlled and variety of exercises was great with predominantly pilates focus. With Jessica's instruction and suggested modifications, this workout is accessible to all fitness levels. You especially see this with much of the balance work in the Standing Practice that I did the other day, since a chair is suggested, if you need to use it. Jessica often says to do an exercise, "to your own degree" so you make the workout work for your ability and fitness level. These new workouts are going to fit in very nicely with the strength series that Jessica has planned.

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 09:32 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

And then this one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
I also did the Gentle Yoga Plus Pilates Standing workout today! It was good and Jessica is graceful and makes it appear so effortless. A couple of instances I started to wobble, so I might try the chair next time. It was just the right length for me, as I was starting to get antsy by the time she got to Eagle pose. Then she wrapped things up soon afterwards. I liked the fusion of yoga, pilates and balance as well as the sequencing of exercises. A well thought out and instructed workout with some threatening crashing waves in the background. Very nice flow and pacing, too!

Current Rotation:
Old 03-22-21, 09:38 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

I've actually only used this one a couple times since it's release. It's good, but I have so many workouts to choose from! I'm still glad to have this one and the balance work in the standing routine is challenging, as well as the pilates from floor routine. The length of both of these routines is only 30 minutes, so not bad if you like pilates and yoga.

Current Rotation:
Old 03-22-21, 10:50 AM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

There's also a number of reviews on Amazon that you've probably checked out by now. ;-) Nice that a few more folks have picked this one up as I think Jessica did a nice routine that makes Pilates and Yoga not the same old thing you've seen before from the way the exercises are sequenced. Seems fresh and new with beautiful setting, too!

Current Rotation:
Old 03-22-21, 01:42 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I love the Pilates Floor workout in that DVD. I didn't care for the Standing yoga practice but I like the pilates floor workout so much that I think it was worth the purchase.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 01:58 PM  
sillygirl

I like that they are 30 minutes each and that one is all standing and the other all floorwork.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-21, 02:24 PM  
moonbeam31

Awesome! Thanks for all the responses. I'm anxious to try this one. I'll let you guys know what I think when it arrives and I try it out.
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, jessica smith yoga, standing yoga