Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-25-21, 06:59 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

Seeking ideas for Firm workout tomorrow

I am just so into my Firms these days. They’re keeping me really motivated. I’ve done the following ones this week: Firm Strength, Maximum Cardio, and Volume 6. I’ve enjoyed the variety of cardio, strength, and even time period. I’d like to do one more Firm tomorrow as I’m not sure I’ll be able to work out this weekend. What would you choose to do next after those three? I don’t have all of the Firms but I have a lot, and I’m open to any ideas. Thanks so much!

PS I just realized that I should clarify that I have most of the Firms through BSS1. I don’t have any after that. You can see my frame of reference goes back a ways!
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 08:19 PM  
fanofladyvols

If you've rested, Volume 4 would be a nice change up .

Also Tough Tape 2 or Maximum body shaping

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-21, 08:31 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Cardio Split was always a favorite of mine.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 07:30 AM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

Thanks, ladies! Both of those were high up on my list as well. No dread factor at all. I think I’ll make a final decision at game time, so to speak.
Old 02-26-21, 07:42 AM  
Karla25

I also am revisiting Firm workouts. I did Vol. 6 last night and will probably do Vol 2 today -if I don’t get too overwhelmed with all my yard work that I need to get done.

I like to work body parts differently each day. Since Vol. 6 has good quad work, but no inner/outer thigh work Vol. 2 complements it well on an alternate day. I’m not jumping into Vol. 1 leg work until I’ve done some of the easier inner/outer thigh workouts first :-)
Old 02-26-21, 08:34 AM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
I also am revisiting Firm workouts. I did Vol. 6 last night and will probably do Vol 2 today -if I don’t get too overwhelmed with all my yard work that I need to get done.

I like to work body parts differently each day. Since Vol. 6 has good quad work, but no inner/outer thigh work Vol. 2 complements it well on an alternate day. I’m not jumping into Vol. 1 leg work until I’ve done some of the easier inner/outer thigh workouts first :-)
Oooh, I haven’t done Volume 2 in ages. (Nor Volume 1 for that matter) Volumes 4 and 6 are definitely my old go-tos from the original classics but maybe it’s time to start dusting off the others. Good luck with all that yard work today!
Old 02-26-21, 10:07 AM  
anetta

Volume 4.

Like the length and Susan and Kai.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 10:37 AM  
fanofladyvols

Pop back and let us know what you did

Karla25 I have to gird my loins for Tough Tape and Volume 1. No other strenuous yard work prior to, or after, eat and sleep well, etc. But when I do them, I enjoy them and feel accomplished. They're not a dread factor for me so much as the need to be prepared, lol!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-21, 12:10 PM  
kat999

I keep all my FIRMs and FIRM-related workouts in a big dresser all together organized by year of release. Right now, I'm doing a rotation where I count off nine videos and then do whatever comes up (I chose an odd number so that as I continue the rotation it'll be slightly unpredictable and I skip far enough ahead in years that it's a different "era"). Last time I did Tough Aereobic Mix, which combines aerobic segments of volumes 1-6 with some four-limb work, and it was quite the sweaty and challenging 45 minutes!
Old 02-26-21, 02:55 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
I keep all my FIRMs and FIRM-related workouts in a big dresser all together organized by year of release. Right now, I'm doing a rotation where I count off nine videos and then do whatever comes up (I chose an odd number so that as I continue the rotation it'll be slightly unpredictable and I skip far enough ahead in years that it's a different "era"). Last time I did Tough Aereobic Mix, which combines aerobic segments of volumes 1-6 with some four-limb work, and it was quite the sweaty and challenging 45 minutes!
What a fun system! Do you ever land on something you’d really rather not do or do you love them all?

Tags
revisiting the firm, the firm