Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-20, 11:30 AM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolgirl-01 View Post
this year i decided to make handbags for all my female friends and family and i sent them out with a card for the New Year 2021. i figured everyone had a crap 2020 and needed to start 2021 on a positive note.
I love this idea.
Old 12-16-20, 11:44 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I like sending and receiving cards! I sent a batch least week. Not as many as I used to though.

All Christmas gifts this year were gift cards or checks.

It's good to get something NICE in the mail. As opposed to junk mail, begging letters, phony scams, Medicare BS and useless coupons!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 01:22 PM  
Gams

So sad - all I got today was my power bill.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 02:13 PM  
wendug

Yes, I still send Christmas cards. I just finished a batch yesterday. My mom always sends cards for occasions and it rubbed off on me. It is nice to receive a card in the mail!
Old 12-16-20, 02:41 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I gave up sending cards years ago. I absolutely dreaded everything about cards and I realized I was doing it just because it was traditional. I stopped sending them probably 10 years ago. For many years I still received them from others, however. This year, we have received hardly any. Which is fine. I don't even enjoy receiving them that much, with a few exceptions. We have a few friends who write really funny letters. Apart from those, I don't even need to get them. I keep up with most people on social media so I have an idea of what their kids look like as they grow up or what is generally going on in their lives. One of my goals for 2021 is to go as paperless as possible, so not having cards to contend with is fine.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 02:47 PM  
Juliepie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I gave up sending cards years ago. I absolutely dreaded everything about cards and I realized I was doing it just because it was traditional. I stopped sending them probably 10 years ago.
Actually I'd like to stop sending them, especially now that I have no more elderly relatives left (except my dad), but I keep doing so for the same reason. Did you just plain stop sending them one year...without explanation?

Surely a person of sense would submit to anything, like exercise, so as to obtain a well functioning mind and a pleasant, happy life. --Socrates
Juliepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 02:54 PM  
Gams

I love sending cards ever since I discovered Love Pop cards. They never fail to impress people and the older people love to keep them on display. I even send out Halloween cards because the Love Pop Halloween cards are amazing. I have a whole bin of their cards and have a hard time parting with them.
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-20, 03:00 PM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliepie View Post
Did you just plain stop sending them one year...without explanation?
Yup! I might have mentioned something on Facebook, but I don't think so. I think my husband was a little sad about it. He enjoys reading everyone's cards. I told him if he wanted to, he was welcome to take over the chore. I even offered to design the card on Shutterfly or whatever, as that is really the only part I liked and he could do the rest, but of course, he never did it. I was really shocked that we continued to receive cards as long as we did. I guess this year is the death knell.

I really have no regrets. At the time, I was extremely overwhelmed with my difficult three year old and a special needs newborn. And my husband was traveling all the time. I was finding that I was beginning to hate Christmas because of all the things required to make it happen for my family. That really troubled me as a practicing Christian, so I decided to trim the fluff. Cards were definitely the low hanging fruit for me. Plus the expense of them--even just the postage was a lot. And it's not like we sent out hundreds of cards. The whole thing--I just hated it! My mom gave me some grief for not doing cards. She was very married to social expectations, but I told her firmly that it was just not a priority to me and I had to let something go or I would have a nervous breakdown.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-20, 06:38 AM  
cttx31

I sent cards this year, but for the first time in 27 years (since my first child was born), we didn't send a photo card. Just didn't have any good photos. But I did send a non-photo Christmas card and a Christmas letter. Kids are almost 25 & 28 and my youngest got his master's degree in August and will start a "real job" in January. So at some point I should probably stop including what the kids are doing in the letter, after all they aren't really "kids" any more. DH and I don't do much so not much to say in the letter about us. So not sure how much longer I will send a Christmas letter. But I think I'll still continue to send cards in the future. We've only gotten 6-7 so far but I expect to get more. We sent out about 45.
cttx31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-20, 10:09 AM  
buffmama

I don't have too many that I send out but would love to stop or go to ecards. Are there any sites that let you add photos for free?

Tags
christmas cards, holiday cards, off-topic