Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-10-20, 11:56 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by adawn View Post
Think I found it!!!! (I had to use duckduckgo instead of google as my search engine.)

http://videofitness.com/~vfwnk/forum...d.php?t=224643

(I saved all the pages in case it gets deleted someday. Also tagged it.)

Thanks everyone also who has given their input in this current thread and the more input the better.
Yayyy....It really isn't that old of a thread!

I'm trying to remember to tag all the threads that interest me so they don't 'disappear.'

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 06:24 AM  
pharma_gal

Are any of the games toddler friendly? Would love suggestions on toddler games too!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-20, 01:23 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
Every year at the holidays my dh's family plays Aggravation. They have one of the deluxe boards like this:

https://smile.amazon.com/Solid-Doubl...5064602&sr=8-5

I have lots of fond memories playing this game!
Wendy thanks for the reminder about Aggravation. I haven't thought about it in decades but my grandmother LOVED that game. I always played it with her when I was a kid.
Old 11-11-20, 02:04 PM  
BunnyHop

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Are any of the games toddler friendly? Would love suggestions on toddler games too!
I don't have direct experience, but I think the Richard Scarry Busy Town Eye Found it and the Airport games would be fun. (Saw them reviewed on Mel's Kitchen Cafe some years ago, reminded me that my niece's kids are old enough for these now.)
Old 11-11-20, 02:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Jeannine, have you checked out the board game Name 5? Not exactly like America Says, but similar and I think it looks like fun.
thanks for the tip.

America Says has an online option for free. after round 3, you have to watch one of the ads by their sponsors to continu playing.

https://www.gsntv.com/games/america-says-game

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-20, 11:58 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I recommend Wingspan. We got it last winter and it was fun to play during the pandemic when we were stuck in the house. My husband got me the European expansion pack for my birthday in Sept (haven't used it yet) and the Oceania expansion pack is coming out soon. It is for ages 10+
https://stonemaiergames.com/games/wingspan/

We also have the Pandemic games but I hadn't ever played it and was in no mood to do so after coronavirus hit. However on a short family getaway this summer we did play it. It was OK. It is a cooperative game so for those with hypercompetitive gamers, this one might be good.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 06:19 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey12 View Post
Wendy thanks for the reminder about Aggravation. I haven't thought about it in decades but my grandmother LOVED that game. I always played it with her when I was a kid.
I'm glad I could bring you a fond memory.
Old 11-14-20, 09:56 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Code Names is great for a group. There is an online version of Scrabble called: Word Chums. It is adorable, with funny characters, etc. Rummikub is fun.

I also like the German games: Ticket to Ride, Keltis, etc. I have hated Monopoly ever since I was a kid.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
board games, games, off topic, off-topic