Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-22-20, 09:09 PM  
laurawd

Diana Schwarzbein (of Schwarzbein Principle fame) has great stuff (IMO) on menopause. Menopause Power. I find it very useful and have a lot of respect for her.
laurawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-20, 10:21 PM  
SEV

This whole thread has been so informative! Thanks to all who have contributed. I'm needing this right now.

VF is the best!

Susan
SEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-20, 03:59 AM  
Negin

I have been watching her a bit more and what I have seen is that she really doesn't seem to be pushing any one single method. I need to watch more. I'm halfway through this video and I'm liking it so far. Sharing this for any one who may be interested.

I have also started watching her webinars. So far, this option is easier to watch than her videos. As annoying as she may be, her content and knowledge are good.

I prefer to read than watch and am considering ordering her book. I wish that it was available on Kindle. It will take so long to get here since I live outside the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurawd View Post
Diana Schwarzbein (of Schwarzbein Principle fame) has great stuff (IMO) on menopause. Menopause Power. I find it very useful and have a lot of respect for her.
Thank you, Laura. I'm going to look into her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV View Post
This whole thread has been so informative! Thanks to all who have contributed. I'm needing this right now.
VF is the best!
Susan
Susan, I agree. I love VF and all the kind and wonderful ladies here .
Old 08-26-20, 12:08 PM  
AnnieO

I've recommended Menopause Barbie (now Taylor) a couple of times on this sight in various threads. I had been dealing with uterine fibroids for many years and stumbled upon her videos while watching Hot n Flashy on youtube. She is quirky to say the least, and her delivery is a little over the top, HOWEVER, she gave me the most thorough explanation of what was happening to me that I had ever received. I ended up having a complete hysterectomy and I've never felt better. Thank you Barbie/Taylor!
AnnieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-20, 02:18 PM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieO View Post
I've recommended Menopause Barbie (now Taylor) a couple of times on this sight in various threads. I had been dealing with uterine fibroids for many years and stumbled upon her videos while watching Hot n Flashy on youtube. She is quirky to say the least, and her delivery is a little over the top, HOWEVER, she gave me the most thorough explanation of what was happening to me that I had ever received. I ended up having a complete hysterectomy and I've never felt better. Thank you Barbie/Taylor!
Annie, that's so encouraging to hear!
The more that I watch her, the more grateful I am that I came across this. Of course, like most women, I wish that I'd known about her sooner. Her knowledge and information can't be beat. My husband's encouraging me to book a consultation with her.
Old 08-27-20, 08:15 PM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncl View Post
I was picturing a sweaty barbie with a little bit of a pooch in the belly area. Ha ha.
me too!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-20, 03:38 PM  
Holly123

Smile Menopause

I had been using bio-identical HRT for years since suffering through early menopause. I've since found this, https://femmenessence.com/ and have been using MacaPause for about a year now. I can't believe it, but for me, it has actually worked and is ALL natural and completely non-hormonal. And no, I don't work for the company or am I in any way affiliated with it! Hope this doesn't break any rules, but I really do think it might help a lot of us going through this oh-so-special time of life! Not!
Holly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-20, 04:34 AM  
Negin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly123 View Post
I had been using bio-identical HRT for years since suffering through early menopause. I've since found this, https://femmenessence.com/ and have been using MacaPause for about a year now. I can't believe it, but for me, it has actually worked and is ALL natural and completely non-hormonal. And no, I don't work for the company or am I in any way affiliated with it! Hope this doesn't break any rules, but I really do think it might help a lot of us going through this oh-so-special time of life! Not!
Thank you for sharing. I'm going to look into it.

I've been watching her videos in order and she's growing on me. Her content can't be beat. She really knows her stuff.
Old 09-30-20, 02:15 AM  
Negin

Thought to update everyone here. I have been slowly watching her videos in order and have been learning so much. I wish that I had known about her sooner. It's still not too late, but it would have been ideal to know all this a few years ago. I have commented on a few of her YouTube videos with questions and she is courteous and sweet enough to always reply. She has been growing on me! Lesson learned for yours truly: be more open-minded! She also has a podcast, which I just started listening to on Spotify.

My husband encouraged me to book a one-hour consultation with her. That's coming up soon and I'm looking so forward to it. In order to book that, she prefers that you send in any blood work, any medical info that you have to her. She loves details. This is helpful to me especially since we live on a small island and none of the doctors here cater to menopause. The basic, extremely basic care that ob-gyns do, is focused primarily on pregnancy. After that, you’re on your own. I shouldn’t be surprised. The overall health care here is appalling. Anyway, I will update after the consult if anyone is interested.

I just thought to share that there's a promo on her book and slide chart - 25% discount. The promo ends on October 12th. the code: FALL2020.
Old 09-30-20, 08:23 AM  
DCW

Sadly my experience with docs and menopause information was nill.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gall bladder, menopause, menopause barbie, menopause taylor, post-menopause