Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-12-20, 08:58 PM  
fanofladyvols

I posted this in my check-in but thought I'd share here as well..

I finished KCM's Boxfit and am a big fan of the background exerciser, Sam. I think I pretty much relate to how she seems to feel based on her facial expressions. I enjoyed the weight session better than the boxing. She doesn't warm up the shoulders enough for me. I was a hot mess trying to learn her combos.

As far as the weights or Pump workout, I could not use my normal weights for exercises because there was so much going on. I liked that she started with back exercises so I could give it my all. If you have any low back issues, she does quite a few exercises hinged forward. She also has you keep your hips lifted while you're doing chest work on the floor. It is a creative way to continue to work the glutes and abs. She combines deadlifts with squats in one fluid movement. Each workout was longer than 30 minutes if that makes any difference to folks. Both Boxfit workouts don't have enough cooldown stretch for me. There are premixes that divide the strength into push or pull only segments for use as add ons and that is most likely how I will use this DVD in the future.

I forgot to mention that she had upright rows that I subbed in another exercise because I hate upright rows.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.

Last edited by fanofladyvols; 08-14-20 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Forgot something
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-20, 09:10 PM  
fanofladyvols

annette I don't think you know how much better I felt reading your post having a hard time. I was ready to write it off to my two left feet!

Char I laughed at Sam at that point too. Also, when she grimaced about doing more heel clicks.

Gams The abs section was my favorite part.

Kim you're my hero for doing the premix with jumps! I am excited to try the Super sculpt premix with step ups!

s2546 the premixes split as push and pull are wonderful premix options to have... Happy she included them.

I also forgot to add earlier that I thought the music she used was pretty quiet. I had sent her a message to have the option to turn off music and was happy to see she has that option on the DVDs.

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 08-12-20, 10:37 PM  
laurawd

Anyone know if and when the new workouts will be on the CoffeyFit App? (I don't follow her page or anything, and rarely use the App but I'm curious.)
laurawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 03:34 AM  
IceQueen07

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurawd View Post
Anyone know if and when the new workouts will be on the CoffeyFit App? (I don't follow her page or anything, and rarely use the App but I'm curious.)
They will eventually be on the app, but she has to wait a couple of months before she is allowed.

**Candice**
IceQueen07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 01:56 PM  
CharM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annette View Post
CharM - I felt the punching routines in most of Boxfit were awkward and I had a difficult time keeping up. The footwork too felt kind of off to me. Hopefully after a few more tries it will flow better for me.
I hope so, too, because it's no fun trying to keep up which I know from experience. I was really surprised that this was easier for me to pick up than some others. The step, on the other hand, may not be so kind to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
I enjoyed the weight session better than the boxing. She doesn't warm up the shoulders enough for me. I was a hot mess trying to learn her combos.
I found myself in trouble during the warm up! lol But then things started making sense to me, or at least, I didn't have as much trouble with other parts as I normally do on the first go round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
annette I don't think you know how much better I felt reading your post having a hard time. I was ready to write it off to my two left feet!

Char I laughed at Sam at that point too. Also, when she grimaced about doing more heel clicks.

Kim you're my hero for doing the premix with jumps! I am excited to try the Super sculpt premix with step ups!
Well, I'm a klutz, so we can either chalk it up to my having a good day, or maybe you were having a not so good day with regards to learning the moves. Yes, Sam made me laugh when she said, "What?!" (more heel clicks)

I agree about Kim. I didn't even want to look at the one with jumps. Nuh uh, no way.

from the check-in:

SuperSculpt workout 3 - this is the one with step ups instead of step jumps. I used 12s and my step height was only 10" since I don't have more risers to increase the height. Next time I plan on using the TransFirmer for the first set of step ups, but not the second since I nearly fell off my step while stepping up from "outside" of it. Then a few moments later, Kelly said, "It's ok if you wobble." How did she know?! The band work really, really tired out my legs, especially since I was too lazy to get a light band and the only one handy was extra heavy. You better believe that for round 2 of band work, I wasn't too lazy to find a different one. I liked the boxing work with dumbbells, too. This workout gets a thumbs up. I previewed the first section of workout 1 and that looks fun. The dvd has about 200 premixes; there's something for everyone!
CharM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-20, 02:45 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharM View Post
I I liked The dvd has about 200 premixes; there's something for everyone!
Haha it DOES have alot of premixes! Thanks for the heads up on having a couple of bands ready.

Btw, it sounds like you need to ask Santa for some more risers!

Old 08-13-20, 09:36 PM  
laurawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceQueen07 View Post
They will eventually be on the app, but she has to wait a couple of months before she is allowed.
Thanks!
laurawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 04:48 PM  
Mickey12

I did workout one, the cardio workout, from BoxFit. I loved it!!! I had a little trouble catching on to the combos in the warmup, but after that it was smooth sailing. It didn't feel awkward at all. I felt like the moves fit together very well. I must have been having a good day! hahaha. I felt like she repeated everything just enough. Not too long that it got monotonous. I liked the intensity too, not brutally hard. I also liked the music and the pace was pretty quick, but I felt like it was perfect.

So, this one is a winner for me. It's about 33 minutes, great length.

Linda I agree with you that I would have liked a longer cooldown.

I did the second workout on Super Sculpt yesterday. I really liked this one too. Lots of stuff going on, not too brutal, step combos were not crazy and I got a good workout without feeling wiped out. Good stuff!

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-20, 05:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

I did Super sculpt premix with step ups...( No jumps for me!). It was a solid workout for me using my 1# fabric walking weights for punching, high step plus 4 risers and moderate dumbbells for step-ups. I sweat nicely without feeling beat up.

Thanks to Char for the heads up on the bands. I had to go down for the second round of band work and was glad I had it ready. She goes at a quick pace so a lower tension band is necessary for me. I enjoyed the step up segments alot. You can go pretty heavy . This workout gets you in the outer, lower side of your seat. Normally, I can't work that too well unless I do floorwork. No one really shows modifications for eliminating the high impact moves but Kelly does mention after the moves have been done awhile some options for lowering the impact. I will definitely turn music off bc she works right through the rest sometimes and it started to irritate me ( even though I didn't need the rest.)

Great premix options and I plan next time to do the premix of band and step ups as an add on to other lower body.

You could skip that last round of step ups at 27ish to keep this premix closer to 30 min and ffwd to cooldown about 33m. Otherwise it is longer than 30 min... closer to 36 minutes.

My own needs require more mobility work for hips than what she does before this workout...but her warmup here was great for the shoulders ( she needed these in Boxfit!) Curiously, she has a graphic that says high step needed ( and what I used) but uses a regular step platform. Also, since the high step was there at the end of the workout, she could have used it for stretches at the end.. which is what I did. Just seemed like a missed opportunity.

I know someone mentioned stopping this workout right away. I wonder if it had to do with her launching straight into band work instead of arm punching combos? If I could have designed this premix, I would have started with the punching weighted drills then the band work. The punch drills were fun!

Hope this helps someone else

Old 08-27-20, 09:50 PM  
acey

Quote:
Originally Posted by amery View Post
It was the "special" workout premix...yes, 55 minutes. It showed the slide for biceps but then skipped it. Its just annoying to me because it has all the other body parts.
Agreed! Don't know why biceps was the sole body part left out of it. I had to go back and add the biceps chapter. However, I enjoyed the premix thoroughly. I did add some kicks in place of the knees for the boxing segments. Wish she would make the cardio all kickboxing, not jus boxing, but easy enough to modify.

Tags
boxfit, kcm, kcm super sculpt