Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-12-20, 03:08 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Of the 8 Gentle + Lazy workouts, which is the easiest? That's where I'd like to start.
SFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 09:53 AM  
Theeearn

I haven’t done her lazy girl or gentle workouts. I will try them soon and report back. I have done her feel good series. These are non YouTube. They are mainly Low impact flowing cardio movements and light toning and stretching. Her fusion flow series is also a great place to start, these are free on YouTube.
Theeearn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 11:07 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I tried her "Lazy Days Walk Sculpt." I made it about 15 minutes and Joni-O'd. The pace was too speedy and I couldn't click with her cueing. I decided to follow the background exerciser (her cat) and hit the deck for some easy stretching and napping.

I have never finished even one of her workouts. I still try them though!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-20, 11:21 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage vfer View Post
i tried her "lazy days walk sculpt." i made it about 15 minutes and joni-o'd. The pace was too speedy and i couldn't click with her cueing. I decided to follow the background exerciser (her cat) and hit the deck for some easy stretching and napping.

I have never finished even one of her workouts. I still try them though!
Oh, Alta! That made my day! Following the cat!

I've never finished one either.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-20, 02:59 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

I tried the first 10-15 minutes of 3 of the Lazy Days workouts on YouTube. I didn't have a band handy so I didn't try the stretch sculpt.

I thought they had great production value for free workouts. The music in the mat workout was a little too subtle for me, but I liked the peppy music in the walk sculpt and weights workouts.

I had to go slower than Linda because I was looking for a lazy day workout. Who am I kidding - I would move slower than her on a good day.

I'd say these remind me of Jessica Smith. Poised, light weight/high rep, supportive instructor.
SFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-20, 03:08 PM  
tangerine

I've been doing a ton of Barlates recently and loving it - Linda is such a great instructor.

I really like the Target 10, Target 15 and Target 20 workouts on her youtube channel - especially the ones with ankle weights.

It is isolation work though so if that bores you, you might want to try something else. I also have this one bookmarked for an "easy day" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy5JX27W6jY - looks like a nice slower pace than her usual one
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-20, 03:13 PM  
s2546

I agree. She is an excellent instructor . Her workouts use muscles in an interesting and challenging way without going for 100's of reps. Also it is worth working up to the workouts. I started with just interval and hiit and I have progressed to adding in endurance. Really worth the effort

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-20, 03:23 PM  
tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
Also it is worth working up to the workouts. I started with just interval and hiit and I have progressed to adding in endurance. Really worth the effort

sue
Yes! She always gives several options to make moves easier if it's too hard, says she wants us to grow with the workouts (so it SHOULD be challenging, not easy) and says take "micro" breaks whenever you need and go at your own pace - all encouraging ways to keep going even though it's tough.

The workouts are hard but I feel myself getting stronger each time I do them.

I think she has so many series that have different focus, it can get a bit overwhelming knowing which one to pick. I picked her shorter workouts as a good place to start and still enjoy them and am trying out some longer ones now.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barlates, linda wooldridge