Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-04-20, 03:37 PM  
fanofladyvols

Lol, you all convinced me to keep them all.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-20, 07:39 PM  
fatkat555

I have them all, never to be purged.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-20, 07:35 AM  
sheepla
VF Supporter

I have them all (even duplicates of some) and would never purge any. I love the idea of trying to do them all within a year.
Old 03-05-20, 08:41 AM  
Kathy G
VF Supporter

I have a lot of them except a few of the classics which I traded (blasphemy, lol!) and the Pink Firms or Transfirmer Firms.

I finally finished collecting the Cross Trainers in dvd format (had all the VHS) which were my favorites.

I also have the Firm Express and Zip Trainer sets.

The only "full" collection I have is Cathe. I have everything she's ever produced on dvd (and a couple of VHS). I'll never sell or trade any of them!
(1) 50k
(10) Marathons
(2) 20 milers
(3) 25k’s
(16) Half Marathons
(1) 20k
(6) 10 milers
(1) 15k
Kathy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-20, 09:19 AM  
wendug

I just ordered Calorie Killer with Nancy Tucker from Decluttr. I had this workout when it came out and got rid of it. But I like Nancy as an instructor and read a review that it is a good workout so I'll see if I like it this time around. So don't purge your Firm workouts...you might regret it!
Old 03-09-20, 09:28 AM  
bethellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
I just ordered Calorie Killer with Nancy Tucker from Decluttr. I had this workout when it came out and got rid of it. But I like Nancy as an instructor and read a review that it is a good workout so I'll see if I like it this time around. So don't purge your Firm workouts...you might regret it!
I just did Calorie Killer yesterday. This is one of my favorites! I love Nancy as an instructor and it's a great mix of step aerobics, floor aerobics, and tall box climbs. The sculpting stick adds a fun factor.
bethellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-20, 09:43 AM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethellen View Post
I just did Calorie Killer yesterday. This is one of my favorites! I love Nancy as an instructor and it's a great mix of step aerobics, floor aerobics, and tall box climbs. The sculpting stick adds a fun factor.
I got this in the mail last week and did it yesterday. I don't know why I got rid of it initially. It was fun! The twigs on my sculpting stick broke off so I just used dumbbells and got a great workout.
Old 05-14-20, 03:30 PM  
TinaT

I don't know if I'd call it a purge, but I sold off everything but the 6 Classics about a year ago. We had HUGE medical bills with my husband's double knee replacement and we were selling everything that wasn't nailed down. Do I regret it? Yes and no. No because it served a financial purpose at the time. Yes, because, well.. It's TheFIRM.

I have since picked up a few here and there to rebuild a smaller version of what I had. In fact, today I placed an order with both Mary at TF and at FitFavs to support small business. (that's my excuse anyway).
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-20, 03:42 PM  
tangerine

1. Calorie Killer with Nancy Tucker
2. Maximum Cardio Burn (plus abs) with Allie Del Rio
3. Complete Aerobics and Weight Training with Emily Welsh

I like many of the firms but these are the ones I absolutely adore and will never give up.

The two I would purge (but haven't yet) are:
1. Super Body Sculpt - it's okay but there are so many better workouts for weights
2. Power Half Hour with Emily - Emily is too rushed in this one, I can't even get past the warmup
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-20, 08:33 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

For a long time, the Firms were the only workouts I had, so I did them over and over again and knew every nuance of the workouts. I still own most of the Benson firms, even though there are several I don't like and should purge. As far as the BSS ones, I like Complete Aerobics and Weight Training. Don't have much use for the pink ones at all.

I once did a rotation of Firm Cardio and Strength as well as the one above and had quite good results.

Anna could get kind of gimicky at times, but she still designed good workouts.

Tags
firm, firm favorites, firm super sculpting, the firm