Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-19, 11:53 AM  
fatkat555

Trying to find title of this workout HELP

Hello, everyone!

Several years ago during the height of the barre/ballet workout craze there was a dvd that I was interested in purchasing, but I forgot the title AND the instructor. I can describe a small clip I saw to see if it jogs anyone’s memory. The instructor was an older ballerina and I think she might have been African American (not Ms. Copeland, she’s too young). The instructor was solo, dressed in I think dark clothing. It was a ballet barre-ish workout and I believe she might have had a chair for support. The background was a home library, bright lighting with windows. Does this sound familiar? I believe this workout may have come out about the same time as Ballet Fitness by Jennee aka death by 2nd position.

Thanks for any leads that help,

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 12:04 PM  
bubbles76

Hmmm...the only one I can think of is Janice Kennard but I don't think she was in a library.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 12:09 PM  
laurajhawk

Janice Lennard is her name, and if it wasn't a library, it was something with a similar vibe. Let me find a link... If that's the one, it is a really good DVD.

Oh! Never mind the inflated Amazon price. It's still normal price on her site: https://janicelennard.com/

Here's a clip: this seems to cover all three of her DVDs, yoga, pilates, and ballet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUNLFO8A6F4

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 12:13 PM  
Lannette

Trudie Styler?

Zayna Gold?

Dr. Lisa Masterson?

There’s another who I can picture. Very lean, in great shape. I almost ordered her DVD but cannot remember her name!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 12:15 PM  
Lannette

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
Janice Lennard is her name, and if it wasn't a library, it was something with a similar vibe. Let me find a link... If that's the one, it is a really good DVD.

Oh! Never mind the inflated Amazon price. It's still normal price on her site: https://janicelennard.com/

Here's a clip: this seems to cover all three of her DVDs, yoga, pilates, and ballet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUNLFO8A6F4
That’s who I’m thinking of!

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 12:21 PM  
tytbody
VF Supporter

Quote:

boy is she beautiful. gracefull and i wanna be like that

~~~Cheryl

Completed a 10 day Pilates Challenge 2019
Completed Pilates 7 day Challenge 2019

Live Life Simply -Simply Love Life
tytbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 01:12 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:

Ah, I think we have a winner!! Thank you! 🙏🏻🙏🏻 I was burning my brain up trying to locate this workout! Strange how I thought it was a library and that she had short dark hair. 😁

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Old 11-18-19, 01:18 PM  
laurajhawk

Now I need to do this DVD soon. I remember thinking it's a candidate for my desert island DVD ("if you could only have one...") but since I take lots of live classes and do my own yoga practices without media, I haven't done this one for way too long. Thanks Fatkat!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 01:28 PM  
fatkat555

Quote:
Now I need to do this DVD soon. I remember thinking it's a candidate for my desert island DVD ("if you could only have one...") but since I take lots of live classes and do my own yoga practices without media, I haven't done this one for way too long. Thanks Fatkat!
I’ll be getting the download! It was on my “to-try” list, but life got in the way and I forgot how to find it again. I really wanted a slower tempo beginner ballet workout. I’m so happy!

Old 11-18-19, 02:01 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Laura, is it the yoga one that you think is a desert island candidate? Can you explain what it is you like about it?

Tags
black fitness instructor, inspiration, inspirational, janice lennard