Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-19, 07:54 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Tony Horton Next Level on Prime

Saw this on Facebook:

As of today I'm allowed to let everyone know that 10 Next Level workouts will be available on Amazon Prime channels the last week of October!!! 👍👏👊🎊🎉💝
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-19, 09:23 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Ha! I was just about to post this and you beat me to it. I was thinking about these workouts the other day and wondering if Tony was ever going to release them in a place people could actually access them and my wish came true!
Old 10-02-19, 06:49 AM  
Rhonda

I have Prime but wonder if they will be free to us or if they will need to be "rented or bought" like some other workouts.

Now to remember to check them out when they are available, even though I am not a Tony fan. Maybe he has relaxed some in these??
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 07:09 AM  
laurajhawk

“Amazon Prime channels” implies that an extra subscription will be required.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 07:29 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
“Amazon Prime channels” implies that an extra subscription will be required.
Ugh, I didn't realize that. In that case, I'll probably pass. It depends on how expensive it is.
Old 10-02-19, 08:36 AM  
laurajhawk

Here's a link to the Amazon Prime channels ... the prices vary a lot.
https://smile.amazon.com/s/browse?fi..._3__nav_sa_aos

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 09:28 AM  
Vantreesta

So are you saying Amazon charges for Prime and then charges more on top of that for streaming services??? I don't have any interest in Prime and even less so if this is the case.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 10:21 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
So are you saying Amazon charges for Prime and then charges more on top of that for streaming services??? I don't have any interest in Prime and even less so if this is the case.
I have Prime but don't stream anything that isn't already included in Prime so I wasn't aware of these other channels, but I went to the link Laura provided and there are quite a few of them. I also noticed that Gaia has a channel, so I'm going to assume that since Gaia was the distributor for his new workout on certain cable TV providers, that is where it will go on Amazon Prime. The price to subscribe to Gaia is $9.95/month. I have Verizon Fios and it is available there, but I feel I already pay enough for that and I shouldn't have to pay more for another subscription, especially since the other stuff Gaia has on their channel does not interest me.

I guess you can justify it by saying if Tony released this on DVD it could cost more, but at least you would own it. If I subscribed to this, I would do it for 3 months (or however long the program is) and cancel when I'm done, but if I wanted to do it again, I'd have to pay another $9.95/month, etc. No thanks. Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-02-19, 10:30 AM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I have Prime but don't stream anything that isn't already included in Prime so I wasn't aware of these other channels, but I went to the link Laura provided and there are quite a few of them. I also noticed that Gaia has a channel, so I'm going to assume that since Gaia was the distributor for his new workout on certain cable TV providers, that is where it will go on Amazon Prime. The price to subscribe to Gaia is $9.95/month. I have Verizon Fios and it is available there, but I feel I already pay enough for that and I shouldn't have to pay more for another subscription, especially since the other stuff Gaia has on their channel does not interest me.

I guess you can justify it by saying if Tony released this on DVD it could cost more, but at least you would own it. If I subscribed to this, I would do it for 3 months (or however long the program is) and cancel when I'm done, but if I wanted to do it again, I'd have to pay another $9.95/month, etc. No thanks. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah, I really dislike the new model of things. I pay a mortgage to own my house instead of paying rent with nothing to show for it. I want the same from my workouts! I mean, I guess if you get down to it it's not different from cable and different packages offered but somehow it feels like it is. Maybe I'm just stubborn. Or maybe I just watch a lot of TV!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-19, 10:55 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantreesta View Post
Amazon has a huge amount of really good quality content included with prime. My household has decided it's better than netflix. But, they do have add on things, too, or the ability to rent/buy movies that have just come out on dvd but are not yet included with prime. And, apparently they have other subscription channels, too -- I had no idea. And yes, if we all subscribed to everything that's trying to get a piece of this giant pie, we'd all be broke. I think there's definitely going to be some shaking out and consolidating over time. I guess it's already happening with hulu+disney (and something else maybe?).

Tags
amazon prime videos, next level, tony horton, tony horton next level