Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-19, 02:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Fun Friday thread: what odd things have you found inside of a workout DVD case?

What's the story, either real or made-up, of things you found inside of a workout DVD case?

Today, i opened the DVD case of Callanetics Evolution and found $26 in cash!

possible story:
i was trying to remember how it got there. i *believe* it's fundraising money that my SIL gave me back in February. why February? i wasn't sure if i owned Callanetics Evolution or Cardio Callanetics, so i searched my email to see if i received a receipt from ebay or amazon. i found an email dated Feb 2019. i get all of my DVDs mailed to my mom's house, so i think i opened it there to check it (it was a pre-owned DVD).

my SIL must have paid me as i was leaving, so i stuck it inside of the case.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 02:40 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

It's such a fun (and helpful) surprise when I get something via STW or trade or even ebay, and there's a some kind of workout breakdown or personal workout tracking on a piece of paper folded up inside

Somewhat recently I obtained a copy of Amy Bento's Slo-Mo via Share the Wealth. (I know the member's real name but can't remember their VF name so can't give them credit here unfortunately for their generosity.)

When I opened the dvd case upon its arrival to make sure it arrived safely and undamaged, I was delighted to find some surprises inside. One was a 1-page printout from nrg fitness with a detailed breakdown of all the exercises with Amy's weight used for each exercise, etc.. But in green pen at the top were some helpful notes such as the length of each split. So Legs only is 60 min, back & shoulders 51 min, chest & tris 52 min and core 15 min. Also in green pen at the top is the length of each premix.

Then, underneath the paper with the workout breakdown is the original packing slip from 2007 with Amy Bento's signature and thank you for ordering written in ink on the slip. What a fun surprise!
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 04:05 PM  
Taiga

I made a VF trade a few years back (for Power Yoga For Happiness 2 lol) and when I opened the case there was an M&M cookie in place of the disc. When I inquired, the trader apologized profusely and said that her toddler must have made the exchange at some point. I get a chuckle every time I picture it
Old 09-06-19, 04:10 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
I made a VF trade a few years back (for Power Yoga For Happiness 2 lol) and when I opened the case there was an M&M cookie in place of the disc. When I inquired, the trader apologized profusely and said that her toddler must have made the exchange at some point. I get a chuckle every time I picture it
That's hysterical! Did you ever get the disc?

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 04:11 PM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
I did. The surface was less than stellar but it played perfectly, and I did get a cookie after all
Old 09-06-19, 04:14 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Quote:
I did. The surface was less than stellar but it played perfectly, and I did get a cookie after all
There was a disclaimer in small print:

NOTE: This trade uses "cookies." Please click on button at right if you agree to accept cookies.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 04:19 PM  
Taiga

My head went in a non-tech direction. I remember thinking that cookies would go well with Eoin's ice cream
Old 09-06-19, 04:22 PM  
alisoncooks

Ha, a cookie. You win.

Once upon a time, I used to fold a paper towel inside the DVD case to keep the disk secure during shipping. I traded or SASE'd away a DVD, only to later reacquire it in a trade or SASE. Inside the case was my ol' folded paper towel, lol. It found its way home.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 04:43 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Not, exactly the same... But, I opened my Fitness is Function Bodyweight DVD the other day thanks to the Bodyweight thread Kate started a little while ago, just to realized the disc inside says "Fitness is Function Sandbag Workout DVD" and I almost fall down thinking oh no, I got the wrong DVD and this company doesn't exist anymore... I went ahead and inserted the DVD into the DVD player just to realized that it was the Bodyweight DVD, they just forgot to print the right name I guess, and I later remembered I had the same reaction when I first got the DVD

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
There was a disclaimer in small print:

NOTE: This trade uses "cookies." Please click on button at right if you agree to accept cookies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
Ha, a cookie. You win.

Once upon a time, I used to fold a paper towel inside the DVD case to keep the disk secure during shipping. I traded or SASE'd away a DVD, only to later reacquire it in a trade or SASE. Inside the case was my ol' folded paper towel, lol. It found its way home.
What a fun thread! My DD asked why I was laughing! Have a great weekend everyone!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-19, 05:43 PM  
adawn
VF Supporter

I remember a series Cathe put out in the past (Strong & Sweaty) and up to 40 people got a sermon from a pastor instead when they popped in one of the workouts. There apparently had been a mixup at the dvd duplicators.

Imagine the surprise of people expecting to hear a sermon from "Pastor Doug" and they pop the dvd in and are greeted by a Cathe routine instead (Ramped Up Upper Body)!

SNM made good on replacing those discs as they were found. (This is why I always check every disc in a Cathe preorder to make sure it plays the appropriate workout.)

Here's the thread:
http://www.videofitness.com/~vfwnk/f...218177&page=12

And a quote taken from Cathe's forum:

Quote:
On my S&S Ramped up upper body is Everlasting Gospel with Pastor Doug Batchelor, at first I thought it was the tv and then I thought maybe it's an ad before the work out, but that is not like Cathe. So I took it out again and it is labelled right, but it is not ramped up upper body.
adawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vf humor