Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-26-19, 12:30 PM  
Sara1000

WHFN - My new favorite workouts!

KickButt and FitPrime, that is. One of fortunate results of digging all my workouts out of their shoe boxes to put them in a multi-disc case - I re-discovered these and tried a couple of them out of curiosity, having only done them a few times when they first came out.

So far I have done Metaboost, Crunch Time, Flex Posture, and Upper Body Burn. They are fun, beautiful, and well chaptered. Can't believe I debated getting rid of them
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-19, 02:07 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Gosh i used to love those workouts!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-19, 02:13 PM  
Sara1000

They seem almost magical - afterwards I feel worked out but energized and and comfortably stretched.
Old 06-26-19, 04:10 PM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
KickButt and FitPrime, that is. One of fortunate results of digging all my workouts out of their shoe boxes to put them in a multi-disc case - I re-discovered these and tried a couple of them out of curiosity, having only done them a few times when they first came out.

So far I have done Metaboost, Crunch Time, Flex Posture, and Upper Body Burn. They are fun, beautiful, and well chaptered. Can't believe I debated getting rid of them
Me too! I had them, sold them and have been reacquiring them. Totally enjoying them.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-19, 04:52 PM  
kathym
VF Supporter

I always enjoy the WHFN workouts. Just right.
I don't think there is one that I don't like. Love the music... love the moves... love the instructors. Just a really nice set. At some point I am always pulling one out.
Old 06-26-19, 05:15 PM  
Kathleen Ann

How do they compare with the Firm?
Old 06-26-19, 06:29 PM  
anetta

I love Heidi Tanner, Kimberly Spreen and Keli Roberts and all the instructors in these.

Anita
anetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-19, 07:41 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen Ann View Post
How do they compare with the Firm?
They are produced by the originators of the FIRM, so are most similar to the original FIRMs - those produced before the first Body Sculpting System (Fanny Lifter set). FitPrime are moderate level, KickButt more advanced. They are very polished, with great music. Seems like the originators got together for one last effort and it was a good one. They didn't use the name FIRM because that was sold to GoodTimes or Gaiam somewhere along the way.

Some are still available at FitnessFavorites.com, most are available on eBay at very reasonable prices.
Old 06-26-19, 07:45 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I have both - Kickbutts and Fitprimes that I haven't done in years. Recently, I found a rotation calendar for both (each is 4 weeks) and was contemplating following it. Maybe I will do it in the Fall. I remember liking the workouts.
Old 06-27-19, 11:01 AM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
They are produced by the originators of the FIRM, so are most similar to the original FIRMs - those produced before the first Body Sculpting System (Fanny Lifter set). FitPrime are moderate level, KickButt more advanced. They are very polished, with great music.
Another thing to mention on these is that there is a slight emphasis on an older demographic, so there is not quite as much high-impact, and there is more focus on balance and flexibility in the form of moves cribbed from yoga and Pilates. But still lots of strength and cardio, too. I love all of these. I'm missing a couple which are a bit hard to find, but the ones I have are fabulous and have zero dread factor when they come up in rotation.

Tags
anna benson, whfn