Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-29-19, 05:04 AM  
donnamp

Deleted duplicate!!
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-19, 05:05 AM  
donnamp

You know...the sticking with something may be the key! I tend to bounce around a lot, but when I think of things I have done that have produced some sort of "result" for me they have been things that I did for more than a few weeks! X-Factor body weight - I did the full 8 week rotation and did notice improved core strength and my push-up experiment/challenge, that went on for months!! And, of course, the FIRM, yes, i was 20 years younger when I did their workouts regularly, but the thing to remember is I did them REGULARLY.

Something to think about for sure....maybe i need to pick something and forget about all the other options I have (there are more now than ever with streaming and You Tube) and focus on doing a set program/rotation for a few months

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-19, 09:18 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Sticking with something has absolutely been the key for me. The fitness industry is constantly waving shiny objects, trying to get your money and attention. But program-hopping has worked for me the least.

I like what NROLW's Cassandra said in one of my facebook groups:
"Women will gain water weight as they build muscle, especially at the beginning of a weight training program; WHY? Because water is needed in the cell to allow protein synthesis to occur (learned this in my muscle physiology classes in my PhD). Plus, the weight training is a new stress and your body is freaking out. What does stress do? Cause water retention most of the time. I tell all the women I work with that if they don't look better after 8 DEDICATED and HONEST weeks of weight training (good diet, consistent exercise and not being down on themselves) that we will change up their programming... and, I've never had them look back after those 8 weeks and think what they did was wrong."

Tracking (I use a Withings scale and MFP) has also been very helpful for me to see long term trends, like gaining a little weight this time of year and then losing it. But again this requires a long term commitment. I think of it like growing a tree or growing kids. It takes years!

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-19, 09:56 AM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

Years ago, I had developed tendinitis in my left ankle and had to stop doing higher intensity cardio for quite a while. I was doing a lot of step at the time. I did the recumbent bicycle for a while and then started doing Leslie workouts. I also continued with upper body weights. I gained no weight, and was able to maintain my fitness level. I was so pleased with this! I have now been doing lower impact cardio such as Leslie walks for years now and I am happier doing this type of cardio. I still do weights, Pilates, rebounding, and now Classical Stretch workouts. For me, it is a combination of diet, and consistent exercise. It does not have to be high intensity exercise to be effective. I don't think any particular type of exercise matters either. You have to do what you enjoy, and will stick with.

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
consistency, results