Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-28-17, 08:18 AM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

I don't have a cat or a Roomba, but I have to say this thread is adorable!
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-17, 08:58 AM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
How often do you have to change the bag? How often do you run it? Good at corners?
Not sure about the Roomba, but...

The Deebot doesn't have a bag, but rather a plastic compartment you just remove and empty after each use, and then slide it back into its spot.

We run ours once a day, 6 days per week, because that's what DH wants. He's more "cat/dog hair phobic", whereas I can care less. (For reference, we have 5 cats & 1 dog) I used to vacuum 3-4x per week but now only once thanks to Deebot because it does that good of a job. It gets into the corners good because of the little bristles that stick out and pull stuff into its vacuum part.

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-17, 11:47 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
Your avatar photo is precious!!
Thanks, Sherry! My two rescue brothers are very good when they are asleep. The rest of the time... 🙄

Thanks for the helpful replies! Costco has the Roomba 805 on sale starting today. I'm thinking we'll get one.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-17, 12:17 PM  
Dorothy J
VF Supporter

Another big thumbs-up for the Roomba!

I do go to the trouble most times of moving things off the floor (magazine basket, e.g.) or out of the way (dining room chairs) so that Roomba can get to where I want him to go (hard to resist anthropomorphizing the thing), but I'd move stuff for a regular vacuum as well.

My cats were older when I got mine. One of them followed it around for a while, then lost interest. The other one ignored it.

And yes, your avatar is adorable!

"You want to go into life feeling great, feeling strong, and as you get older, feeling even stronger!" Gin Miller
Dorothy J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-17, 01:23 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
How often do you have to change the bag? How often do you run it? Good at corners?
Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Not sure about the Roomba, but...

The Deebot doesn't have a bag, but rather a plastic compartment you just remove and empty after each use, and then slide it back into its spot.
the Roomba is the same - it has a compartment that easily comes out and you dump it in the trash.

as far as corners - it gets as close to corners as it can and has little "antennae" that twirl around that helps capture dust and debris.

however, you'll still need to do a good conventional vacuuming with a regular vacuum that has a crevice attachment or a brush to get to the center of corners and baseboards.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-17, 02:18 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Thanks for asking this question. I've been looking at options for when we move into our new house. I like the idea to keep the floors good.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-17, 09:06 PM  
DBW

I love my roomba but my dog does not. It’s not really loud but it runs for a long time. I like to turn it on as I leave the house so it runs while I’m gone.
DBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 01:10 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

So, we bought a Roomba. The cats don't like it, but they aren't freaked out (too much). One of them whacked it and it changed direction, LOL!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 01:26 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
One of them whacked it and it changed direction, LOL!
lol. did you get it on video?

alta check out youtube for tons of videos about cats and roombas. there's one with a cat riding on it who bats the dog as she/he rides by! it's hilarious!

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-17, 01:54 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Has anyone owned an Ecovac Deebot? It has somewhat better reviews than the Roomba and is less expensive. I'm interested if anyone here has ever had one.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
off-topic, roomba