Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-17, 04:45 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

That is awesome! I love reading these posts!

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 06:16 PM  
BunnyHop

I'm another for whom repetition seems to be a good thing. Doing the same sequences seems to help me a lot, so no matter how much I like variety, my body seems to prefer routine.
Old 10-25-17, 07:03 PM  
DCW

I am glad Full Body Toning aka FBT worked for you. It is one of my favorite Essentrics DVD.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 09:02 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieB View Post
That is awesome! I love reading these posts!
I was wondering if you would chime in, Jackie--I know you thought you got some similar results when you were frequently doing this workout while training to be an instructor.

I like this workout, but I have trouble imagining doing ANY single work exclusively for a week, let alone a month! I wish there was some way to convince myself to do this type of experiment...

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 09:08 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I purchased some Essentrics last year but found it kind of boring. I have the Body Sculpting Series and the Ultimate Strength and Stretch I think it is called. I might try those again when I am done with my current strength training program but like Beth I can't imagine doing the same thing for that long.
Beth are you taking a selfie with a goat in your profile picture?? Cute.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 09:22 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
I was wondering if you would chime in, Jackie--I know you thought you got some similar results when you were frequently doing this workout while training to be an instructor.

I like this workout, but I have trouble imagining doing ANY single work exclusively for a week, let alone a month! I wish there was some way to convince myself to do this type of experiment...
This is the slimmest I've been in years. And yeah, when I was doing PCW 1 over and over I really did trim down through the torso, especially my waist. People kept asking me if I lost weight.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-17, 09:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
Beth are you taking a selfie with a goat in your profile picture?? Cute.
YES! It's from the goat yoga class I went to in July--more playing with goats than yoga, but it was fun!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 08:40 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
This is the slimmest I've been in years. And yeah, when I was doing PCW 1 over and over I really did trim down through the torso, especially my waist. People kept asking me if I lost weight.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 09:05 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
If I would have known how dramatic the change was going to be I would have taken measurements and booked a trip to the beach as soon as I got home! haha I've been home a week now and DH can't stop saying how different/thin I look (he says not that I looked bad before but I look really good now - he keeps digging himself in a hole every time he compliments me ).
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-17, 10:24 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
If I would have known how dramatic the change was going to be I would have taken measurements and booked a trip to the beach as soon as I got home! haha I've been home a week now and DH can't stop saying how different/thin I look (he says not that I looked bad before but I look really good now - he keeps digging himself in a hole every time he compliments me ).
Love the husband comment, hah!!!

Can I ask, did your eating/diet change at all while you were there or was it just that the more gentle workouts didn't leave you ravenous like more intense workouts?

I'm so glad you posted about your wonderful experiment! I've been delving into more of these types of workouts lately and can only hope for the same results!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classical stretch, essentrics, success stories