Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-15-17, 04:53 PM  
warriorprincess

I've had a Teeter for what must be at least 10 years, and I still use it a lot. I feel like it helps decompress my spine since I sit for many hours a day. If it were to break, I'd get another one.

Having a leg length discrepancy, and having crushed T7 back in 2002, I'm always looking for ways to keep my back pain-free. This one was a keeper.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
You're only 1 workout away from a good mood.
warriorprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-17, 05:44 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamander View Post

Another item that might help is Lo-Bak Trax spinal traction device. It's a Lori Grenier/ Shark Tank item and it's on QVC. If I didn't have my Teeter already I would have bought one. Actually I might still buy one for travel, or if I'm watching TV and don't want to get up, put on my shoes and get on the table.
Anyone tried the Lo-Bak Trax? I've got lumbar dusc issues and wonder if it would help. I don't want any big equipment like an inversion table.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-17, 09:14 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I looked at the Q reviews - very mixed but trend toward either five stars or one.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-17, 10:29 AM  
Tait
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Anyone tried the Lo-Bak Trax? I've got lumbar dusc issues and wonder if it would help. I don't want any big equipment like an inversion table.
I have one on order. Hoping it will help my back.
Old 01-17-17, 10:45 PM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tait View Post
I have one on order. Hoping it will help my back.
i've had mine for about a week now and i can't say it works or helps in any way.

i do it two times a day and nothing. i'll keep trying for another week or two but i have little hope in it working - odds are i'll be sending it back.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-17, 10:52 PM  
schoolgirl-01

i got the tetter from costco but after 6 months i just didn't feel like it made a difference with my back problems so i took it back.

i've been using the Sae Arc for about 6 weeks now and at first i thought it was a torture device but the last 2 weeks have been amazing. i still have some stiffness and pain associates to that but it's a huge improvement.

i've been doing some exercises from youtube with the arc - there's about 9 videos that are really good. i get a lot of spinal adjustments by doing the exercises and greater flexibility.

https://smile.amazon.com/SENYX-Stret...sae%2Barc&th=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKeUPIfktIw

i also got this massage arc from Brookstone on sale and used it for the first time today and to my surprise it felt really good.

http://www.brookstone.com/pd/stretch...r/316820p.html
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 10:17 AM  
Tait
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoolgirl-01 View Post
i've had mine for about a week now and i can't say it works or helps in any way.

i do it two times a day and nothing. i'll keep trying for another week or two but i have little hope in it working - odds are i'll be sending it back.
They said to give it a month -- I still want to have time to return it if it does not work though so I will go 3 weeks and see if it helps. I did use my hands and tried to mimic the move and I definitely felt it but my hands could not keep the position for long.
Old 01-18-17, 12:39 PM  
lorajc

Thanks for all of the reviews. I have severe spinal issues, herniations at many levels, compression fractures and facet joint problems as well as degenerative joint issues. My doc has approved this.....just need cash. I think this will be beneficial for me. Hopefully in the near future??
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-17, 04:10 PM  
Tait
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tait View Post
They said to give it a month -- I still want to have time to return it if it does not work though so I will go 3 weeks and see if it helps. I did use my hands and tried to mimic the move and I definitely felt it but my hands could not keep the position for long.
Updating this answer. Apparently, one of my lovely neighbors received my back thing last Friday so I will not be able to update if this works for me or not. Thank goodness QVC gave me a refund. Hope my neighbor enjoys it.
Old 01-18-17, 04:21 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

I'm on the fence about the Bak-Trax. I do have a back magic arc and a bean bag arc bolster that I haven't used in ages so I think I'll give them a try again for a few weeks again before I buy anything else. The Brookstone one with the acupressure nubbies looks pretty tempting though.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bulging disc, herniated disc, inversion tables, lo-bak trax gadget, retina