Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-16, 07:18 PM  
KayB
VF Supporter

8 ft.x 26 inches.

I need to turn the volume up a bit to watch TV, but it's quieter than my treadmill. Love it!
KayB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-16, 01:28 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolGirlinFl888 View Post
I tried a few and you don't wanna hear this but Concept 2 is heads and tails above them. There was one that I just knew was going to collapse on me!
Which rowers did you try?

I gave my old rower a try again, but it is not usable for me because it sticks so badly and is very difficult to pull, even on the lightest setting. I decided I am going to donate it and buy a new one. I will go to some stores to see if I like any rowers, because I don't want to pay the high price of a Concept 2, and don't want such a big machine.
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-16, 06:41 AM  
Jeanne Marie

Not that this is going to change anything about the new Concept 2 rowers, but just an observation... at my bootcamp we have 3 rowers side by side. They are all Concept 2's, but one is much older. It's a little louder than the 2 new ones, but still a great rower. Interestingly (and only a princess and the pea person like me might notice this), the older C2 rower's seat is softer and more comfortable than the newer ones.

All in all, I don't think you can go wrong with the C2 and it obviously lasts and maintains well.
Old 12-06-16, 12:50 PM  
mbcatac7

I have a C2 also, it's awesome. I know it's pricey, but worth it.
Old 01-05-17, 03:10 AM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I ended up ordering the Sunny rowing machine because it got mostly great reviews. Then I read the bad reviews and tried to cancel the order but it had already shipped. I started thinking that maybe I should have gotten the Concept 2. The Sunny rowing machine arrived today but I haven't opened the box and am wondering if I should ship it back and get the C2 or try it out first.
Old 01-05-17, 09:58 AM  
mbcatac7

I think it depends on their return policy once you have open the box. C2 is great, and I highly recommend it.
Old 01-05-17, 10:08 AM  
Jags

I have a Kettler Coach. I've had it for almost 20 years. It still works great. We have had to replace the pull cord a few times, but otherwise it's been a wonderful work horse with a smaller footprint than the Concept 2 and it is very quiet.

I just did a price comparison.

Back when we bought the Kettler it was MUCH less expensive than the Concept 2, now they are priced the same. If I were to buy one today, I'd have to do a side by side comparison, and research why Concept 2 came down in price, while Kettler increased in price.
Jags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-17, 10:09 AM  
NoraKate
VF Supporter

Another concept2 here

Best
Health
Buy
Ever
Old 01-05-17, 11:11 AM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Concept 2. They're made in America, rugged, and reliable. The company has reputation for excellent customer service. They have an active forum on their website, and they host erging challenges throughout the year if you are looking for inspiration and motivation.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-17, 08:37 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

I decided to give the Sunny rowing machine a try. So I started to assemble the machine and discovered that a bunch of bolts were missing. I called the company and was told I had to email support and that they have delays in responding to emails and sending out parts . So I am disappointed and have a bad impression of the company now.

I am thinking of going to some fitness stores and trying out some rowing machines.

Jags, I was not aware that Concept 2 went down in price. I've been looking at the machines over the years and they were in the $700's not that long ago. So I thought the price increased.

Those of you who bought the C2, where did you purchase it?

Tags
rowing machine