Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-15, 11:59 AM  
Sollamyn

Thumbs up

Old 10-22-15, 01:07 PM  
gladgirl

Smile

Congratulations and truly, thank you, for sharing your inspiring story.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-15, 02:43 PM  
isebelleg44

You are an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your story and best wishes to your family.

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
~Attributed to both T.H. Thompson and John Watson
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-15, 04:32 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarsh4 View Post
In the last few years due to menopause, high stress job, bad eating habits and a worry about my micro preemie grandbaby I had really put on the pounds. I had fallen off the workout wagon and really had let myself go. In January I was at a late Christmas party with other Managers and we talked about our professional as well as personal goals for 2015. I said that in my 50th year I wanted to lose 50lbs. Today my goal became a reality. I started slowly, like just eating a little better and being more consistent with my workouts. I started with JNL Fusion and walking. Along the way I stopped thinking about food as stress relief and started thinking more about nutrition and less about diet. I worked out to feel good and I ate to feel good and workout, so more about fueling my body to be able to workout. After JNL Fusion. I then did 21 Day Fix Extreme and started Shakeology. I learned a lot about portion control. I then did one month of Insanity Max 30 then went to Jillian's Bodyshred. I started running and have finished 5 5K's. I know in the beginning I couldn't even run 1 mile and then my goal was to do the whole 3.1 miles in less than 40 minutes. Now I am trying to get under 30. I started Body Beast about a month ago and even though the weight loss has really slowed down I do see more definition and strength gains. I am definitely not posting this to brag but hopefully to let other people know that just because your in your 40's, 50's or beyond or a lot overweight doesn't mean you cant do something about it. I feel so much better and got off my blood pressure medicine. Looking good in my clothes is motivation but being healthy and happy is the ultimate goal!!!
VERY WELL DONE! You SHOULD brag!!!
I recently lost 55 lbs (I just turned 53). I started in June 2014 using Herbalife and being REALLY strict with my food choices and portions. Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition!
Slow but sure the weight has come off.
I have always exercised and usually quite hard, but you still have to eat properly or it's all for naught.

I always felt pretty good but now I feel fantastic and I know you do too. You proved that you CAN change your weight and lifestyle no matter what age and I commend you! A little dedication goes a long way. You just have to choose.

Keep up the amazing work! You are SO worth it!!!! Hugs and

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-15, 07:10 PM  
ellaenchanted

Congrats!
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-15, 10:17 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
In the last few years due to menopause, high stress job, bad eating habits and a worry about my micro preemie grandbaby I had really put on the pounds. I had fallen off the workout wagon and really had let myself go. In January I was at a late Christmas party with other Managers and we talked about our professional as well as personal goals for 2015. I said that in my 50th year I wanted to lose 50lbs. Today my goal became a reality. I started slowly, like just eating a little better and being more consistent with my workouts. I started with JNL Fusion and walking. Along the way I stopped thinking about food as stress relief and started thinking more about nutrition and less about diet. I worked out to feel good and I ate to feel good and workout, so more about fueling my body to be able to workout. After JNL Fusion. I then did 21 Day Fix Extreme and started Shakeology. I learned a lot about portion control. I then did one month of Insanity Max 30 then went to Jillian's Bodyshred. I started running and have finished 5 5K's. I know in the beginning I couldn't even run 1 mile and then my goal was to do the whole 3.1 miles in less than 40 minutes. Now I am trying to get under 30. I started Body Beast about a month ago and even though the weight loss has really slowed down I do see more definition and strength gains. I am definitely not posting this to brag but hopefully to let other people know that just because your in your 40's, 50's or beyond or a lot overweight doesn't mean you cant do something about it. I feel so much better and got off my blood pressure medicine. Looking good in my clothes is motivation but being healthy and happy is the ultimate goal!!!
Yay! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on accomplishing your goals.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-15, 07:37 AM  
cmarsh4

[QUOTEI recently lost 55 lbs (I just turned 53). I started in June 2014 using Herbalife and being REALLY strict with my food choices and portions. Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition!
I have always exercised and usually quite hard, but you still have to eat properly or it's all for naught. :[/QUOTE]

Awesome! Congratulations! Now we have the hard task of keeping it off but we are up to the challenge. It has to be a lifestyle change but the health rewards are worth it. I didn't really understand that until now.
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-15, 01:26 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your story and helping motivate us. I'm also glad that your sweet grandbaby is growing and doing better.

Congratulations to you too Kate!!
Old 10-23-15, 01:31 PM  
lorajc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
VERY WELL DONE! You SHOULD brag!!!
I recently lost 55 lbs (I just turned 53). I started in June 2014 using Herbalife and being REALLY strict with my food choices and portions. Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition!
I have always exercised and usually quite hard, but you still have to eat properly or it's all for naught.

I always felt pretty good but now I feel fantastic and I know you do too. You proved that you CAN change your weight and lifestyle no matter what age and I commend you! A little dedication goes a long way. You just have to choose.

Keep up the amazing work! You are SO worth it!!!! Hugs and
What is HERBALIFE and just so deed if you did their workouts or supplements or what?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-15, 03:35 PM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Quote:
[QUOTEI recently lost 55 lbs (I just turned 53). I started in June 2014 using Herbalife and being REALLY strict with my food choices and portions. Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition!
I have always exercised and usually quite hard, but you still have to eat properly or it's all for naught. :
Awesome! Congratulations! Now we have the hard task of keeping it off but we are up to the challenge. It has to be a lifestyle change but the health rewards are worth it. I didn't really understand that until now.[/QUOTE]

You CAN do it girl!!!! Commit in your mind and your heart.
It's not so hard now, but I'm a year and half into my weight loss journey. If I lost 5-7 more pounds I'd be happy but I've surpassed my 50 lb goal so it's all good.
The health rewards ARE worth it. I remember all too well how 'heavy' I felt, how much harder my workouts were and the icky 'fat' pictures I still have.
All my best to you!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
over 50, significant weight loss, success stories