Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-21-15, 09:20 AM  
Sassy
VF Supporter

Congratulations!! It's always wonderful to hear that getting older doesn't spell complete doom for improving health, getting in better shape or losing weight.

Thanks for sharing your story!

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past and every sinner has a future." ~~~Oscar Wilde
Sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 09:28 AM  
mle777

Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing your story

3x Tough Mudder
mle777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 09:35 AM  
PhyllisG

Congratulations! I am impressed. You did good. Thank you for posting and letting others know this is doable. Inspiring.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 09:41 AM  
punkrockmom
VF Supporter

Congratulations & thanks for sharing! I love hearing about people working out hard after 50. Keep it up
punkrockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 09:49 AM  
Marylandmom
VF Supporter

Congratulations! I really need to read that, such an encouragement to me.

Paula
Marylandmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 09:52 AM  
MsThistlebottom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarsh4 View Post
Along the way I stopped thinking about food as stress relief and started thinking more about nutrition and less about diet. I worked out to feel good and I ate to feel good and workout, so more about fueling my body to be able to workout.
That's the key, right there. Awesome, inspirational story--thanks for sharing!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 09:52 AM  
cmarsh4

Thanks everyone for the great comments. It hasn't been easy but definitely worth it.

My sweet grandbaby, Alyssa, is 20 months old now and is doing pretty good. She was born less than 1 pound and was in the NICU for over 5 months. She came home on a ventilator with a trach and feeding tube. She is completely off of the vent and oxygen. She just had her 6th operation to help with her throwing up and that has been successful. She will need to have reconstructive surgery on her throat probably next summer and then they will remove the trach and eventually the feeding tube. Overall though she is doing good and has been very healthy. She is about a year behind developmentally but improving at a very rapid pace now. She is definitely our little miracle and a big inspiration for me to keep healthy so I can chase after her for years to come.
cmarsh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 10:19 AM  
dela

Congratulations!! Great inspiration, thank you
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-15, 11:30 AM  
SpiritSong

Thank you for the inspiration! I am in my late 40's, post-menopausal, and am working on losing up to 67.6 pounds (LOL - starting weight is from my last doctor's appointment) by my 50th birthday. I have chosen to take it slow (I started with the birthday deadline 33 months away), and after three months, I am almost at the 10 pound down mark (slightly ahead of schedule).

If you can do it, I can do it! Slowly.
Old 10-21-15, 11:56 AM  
buttons11

So glad you shared your journey.
Yes, change can be made, regardless of age. You made very sensible, gradual, nonjudgemental changes that were truly supportive of living a healthier, active life. Congrats...[and by the way being an inspiration is in no way bragging] I hope you are enjoying your new found wellness
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new" Socrates NOT the Greek one, Way of the Peaceful Warrior: A Book that Changes Lives by Dan Millman, 1984

"Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace" Dalai Lama

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

Still training to outrun the zombies buttons
buttons11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
over 50, significant weight loss, success stories