Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-15, 09:54 AM  
LeanneM

Any suggestions for high-rep, low-weight workouts?

Hi, everyone,

I'm in a rut with my usual workouts, and feel like I need a change. I usually do a lot of Ballet Beautiful, Dream Body, and Tonique, but also have Fe Fit, JNL Fusion, Brazil Butt Lift, and 21DFX.

High-rep, low-weight workouts tend to work best for my hourglass shape, so I'm looking for those kinds of workouts, but just with different instructors from what I already have. I especially have trouble with my lower half, so am also always on the hunt for workouts that focus on the legs and glutes.

Anything along those lines would be great! Thank you so much! Me and my glutes appreciate it!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 09:57 AM  
LoveVA

Do you like Jari?

That's an option. She has strength-only and a few workouts that alternate aerobics and strength training.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 10:00 AM  
dela

Les Mills Body Pump may be a good candidate. You can buy the dvds without the weights if you already have your own barbell.

I am enjoying 21 Day Fix, but it's such a mix of workouts, not sure it qualifies for what you are looking for.
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 10:16 AM  
Aunt Famous

Fellow hourglass here. Here are a few suggestions:

Tracie Long's workouts, especially from the Longevity series.

Exhale Core Fusion workouts

Supermodel Buns & Thighs

Ellen Barrett, especially Skinny Sculpt and Slim Sculpt

various Pilates workouts -- Winsor Pilates' Buns and Thighs is a great 20 minute lower body workout

Angie Miller's Bedroom Body

Hope these help.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 10:30 AM  
LeanneM

Thanks so much, everyone! This is super helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
Do you like Jari?

That's an option. She has strength-only and a few workouts that alternate aerobics and strength training.
I do have quite a few of her workouts, but I haven't done them in years. I think I got a bit overwhelmed with her offerings. Any in particular you'd recommend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Les Mills Body Pump may be a good candidate. You can buy the dvds without the weights if you already have your own barbell.

I am enjoying 21 Day Fix, but it's such a mix of workouts, not sure it qualifies for what you are looking for.
Ooh, thanks! I hadn't thought of Pump! I'll look into it!

I had the original 21DF set, but needed more challenging workouts. I do like the Extreme set, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post

Supermodel Buns & Thighs

Ellen Barrett, especially Skinny Sculpt and Slim Sculpt

various Pilates workouts -- Winsor Pilates' Buns and Thighs is a great 20 minute lower body workout

Angie Miller's Bedroom Body

Hope these help.

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Thank you so much!! I have Windsor Buns and Thighs, a few Core Fusion, and the Supermodel Buns workouts, but haven't done them in awhile. Thanks for the reminder about them! I've also been really intrigued by Bedroom Body and Longevity, so will look into them! I also love Ellen Barrett, so hers sound like fun!
Old 09-04-15, 11:08 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Famous View Post

[/url]
Aunt Famous, sorry to bother you again, but are there any specific workouts from the Longevity series or the Core Fusion series that you'd recommend? I had no idea that Tracie Long had so many workouts! Thank you so much!!
Old 09-04-15, 11:13 AM  
bubbles76

Cathe Power Hour
Cathe High Reps
Cathe STS Meso 1
Cathe Muscle Endurance - okay, not really light weight, but you can make it lighter. It's definitely an endurance workout
Jari Love - all! I am very fond of the newer ones with the dark sets (go figure!)
Gin Miller Muscle Endurance
Gin Miller Bella Strength
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 11:35 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Cathe Power Hour
Cathe High Reps
Cathe STS Meso 1
Cathe Muscle Endurance - okay, not really light weight, but you can make it lighter. It's definitely an endurance workout
Jari Love - all! I am very fond of the newer ones with the dark sets (go figure!)
Gin Miller Muscle Endurance
Gin Miller Bella Strength
Thanks so much, Bubbles!
Old 09-04-15, 11:51 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Slim Series (Debbie Siebers)

Just about any Margaret Richard workout.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-15, 11:52 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Slim Series especially since she does do more lower body than upper body. I like the standing ab work in this series too. I think it would be boring to do a rotation of them but it's o.k. to mix them in with other stuff.

Dove's Bodies - I'm not sure if these are available anymore. Mary used to carry them but not anymore.

Hamelin - I just bought his Course 3 when it was on sale. I don't know if they still are. The production is not great but the price is pretty good with the sale. I only did the first workout so far. It has four limb aerobics (I use my Bellicon for this section since there is impact) then arm exercises that are similar to what TA does. Then there was plank and ab work. I can't remember if there was barre work but I do think some of the workouts in the course contain them. We put on ankle weights and then do all fours work which hits the glutes and leg. It ends with a stretch.

Tags
bella strength, high rep, high rep low weight, slim series, terri walsh, triple threat