Originally Posted by diana3271 View Post
now that's scary! Kinda like a sharknado sneaking up on you. :d

Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 07:36 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Hahaha!!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-15, 08:41 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post

Ha Ha! I was trying to explain Sharknado to DH today since he didn't have a clue. He was paying such close attention to me that I ended up telling him that I heard all about it on the Weather channel and it's a new phenomenon. Then he asked if I though we needed to move more inland. Now he really thinks I'm crazy.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 09:08 AM  
Chomper

Two of my favorite intermediate strength workouts that are 20-30 minutes and I'm pretty sure don't have much floor work are Karen Voight's Half and Half which also has 30 minutes of cardio and Kendall Hogan's Total Resculpt which has 2 20 minute strength workouts on it. I used to do them a lot because they were so quick and efficient. These are high rep, but not SUPER high rep the way Jari Love, Body Pump and Margaret Richard are...

A longer strength workout that I liked a lot was Keli Roberts' New Body Bar workout on the Body Bar Strength and Conditioning DVD. It is a little under an hour, I think there are 2 sets of 20 reps per exercise and you can totally use dumbbells intead of a body bar.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-15, 09:24 AM  
Diana3271

Chomper I have Kendall Hogans workout thanks for the reminder about this one. I will probably include it in next months workouts since I know I like this one. Off to "research" your other suggestions. Thank you.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-28-15, 01:09 AM  
tiffanywu
VF Supporter

KCM's Your Best Body is pretty high rep -- I can do the two "upper body" only premixes in about 47 mins (skipping the repeated warm-up and cool-down) and using just my 5 lb and 8 lb dumbbell sets. I think there's only one back exercise where I felt a pair of 10 lb dumbbells might have been better for me, challenge-wise. I go heavier on her other weights-focused DVDs like Weights and Split Sessions.

Also, check out Gilad's Quick Fit DVD set -- definitely higher reps, lower weights, minimal breaks... not as low as most Margaret Richard routines or Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout, but plenty of burn using 5 lb and 8 lb dumbbells.
tiffanywu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 10:27 AM  
nyskier
VF Supporter

Hi--

I was just thinking: aren't some of the original Firm workouts high rep with low weights?? Those may be worth looking at again unless you are burned out with those.
nyskier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-15, 02:34 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffanywu View Post
Also, check out Gilad's Quick Fit DVD set -- definitely higher reps, lower weights, minimal breaks... not as low as most Margaret Richard routines or Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout, but plenty of burn using 5 lb and 8 lb dumbbells.
I have this Gilad and haven't done it in forever! Thank you for the suggestion. I took it out and put it in the stack for the new rotation starting August 1.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-28-15, 02:35 PM  
Diana3271

nyskier Hi! Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think I have any of the originals. I have some of the BSS stuff and Pink Firms.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 07-31-15, 10:14 PM  
videofit

Margaret Richard.

Tags
high rep, high rep/low weight