Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-15-15, 09:41 PM  
yaya

Another "getting older" thread...neck issues!

I'm turning 50 in a couple of months. Thankfully due to my workouts, from the shoulders down you'd never know it. Due to great skin genetics and a skilled colorist, I'm pretty good from the chin up too.

HOWEVER, my neck is another story altogether. Actually it's not even my neck so much as my lower jawline. It looks like my skin is falling off underneath between my chin and my neck!! Another way to describe it would be if you were to look at my profile, my neck/jawline looks more like a 45 degree angle rather than closer to 90. Does this make sense??

Can anything be done about this outside of plastic surgery?? Have any of you had any success with exercises targeted for this area?
Old 06-16-15, 11:24 AM  
lorajc

I toned up my neck area with my ultarasonic/LED facial unit called The Ultra Renew Plus. It firms and lifts and helps lines and wrinkles with a 3 time a week commitment of about 20 minutes per session. I actually use a machine on my face almost every night for longer than that and don't have a single wrinkle on my face or neck and I will turn 56 in October. The machines actually make whatever serums you are using penetrate the dermis....which is what we all want when we use them.

I got my machine at Truth in Aging, however, they have discontinued the model that i use and love and the new model they came out with is 260 which is steep. You can go on Amazon or EBay and get knockoff models of it made by Chinese companies for like 40 or 50 bucks. recently, I was curious and wanted a backup machine so i bought one and although the quality wasn't stellar it was half decent for the money.

If anyone is interested further, feel free to ask me questions, I've been using these types of facial machines since my early 30s.
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 11:37 AM  
rockette
VF Supporter

Check out Eva Fraser's facial exercises. She was born in 1928 and looks wonderful.
Old 06-16-15, 11:54 AM  
luvcritters
VF Supporter

Revision Nectifirm

Trust no one. - X-Files, and me.

Comfort food only provides comfort while it's in your mouth. - Me
luvcritters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-15, 11:54 AM  
zoegirl

I use Nerium, which is a cream. I haven't noticed much difference on my face, but it has made a noticeable difference in the firmness of my neck.
zoegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-15, 08:06 PM  
videofit

If you don't want surgery you might be interested in Oleda Baker's products, supplements, cosmetics, lotions, potions and books. I hope I look that good when I'm 70 never mind 80! Love her!
http://www.oleda.com/Default.asp
Old 06-18-15, 09:02 AM  
yaya

Thank you all so much for your replies!! I'm going to test drive as much as a can before considering surgery!
Old 06-22-15, 11:00 AM  
TamiT

I've had good results from Nerium creme on my neck and face too, especially the jawline area.

I also skin brush my neck every morning and nigh with a small face brush by Bass.

I wish I would've put more care on my neck before I turned 50. It seems like the skin on my neck dropped overnight when I turned 55!
TamiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 12:54 PM  
leigh1673

I had results from Reviva Labs Alpha Lipoic Acid, Vitamin C Ester, and DMAE Cream. I think the DMAE is the secret weapon in the "tightening" effect!

leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-15, 07:22 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I just checked out that Reviva Labs DMAE cream since it sounded so promising. One of the ingredients is whole wheat protein, so for those with Hashimoto's or sensitive to gluten, be aware. I'm going to pass on it.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aging, carole maggio, facial exercises, facial machines, loose skin, over 50