Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-03-15, 10:09 AM  
PennyK

Anyone still doing Yoga Booty Ballet? Or other dance regularly?

After receiving the Zumba Incredible Results set from HSN and loving what i've done so far, i ordered YBB at a discounted price from Ebay and Zumba Exhilarate from Amazon!

Which are your favorites?
What other dance workouts do you really enjoy?
Do you dress the part? I have read some wearing ballet slippers to do ballet and the scarves with coins for belly dance and love that!

Thanks
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 10:30 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I just enjoyed Bollywood the other night! I have all of the YBB sets - I ordered each the moment they came out. I rotate them in from time to time. My favorites are the original, it was called YBB Basic but it might have another name now. I also like the sculpting and abs DVD, all of the workouts.

From the Lives my most used is Light & Easy, then Bollywood, then Cabaret, then Latin Flavor, then Go Go, and I enjoy but rarely use the one that switches between the bands and squisy ball for some reason.

From the Master Series, love them all. I did not get the meditation CD or the one Gillian released a few years back, it looked too power yoga-ish for me.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 12:28 PM  
Kitten

YBB basic is my fave. I feel like you get a little bit if everything in 45 minutes. Then probably Latin Flavor and Cardio Cabaret. Ugh! I love them all!
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 12:47 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Rotating between Zumba and YBB sounds like a great plan! With a little Soul Sweat and Bellyfit in between!
Old 03-03-15, 12:49 PM  
Kitten

I bought a soul sweat for $1 at half price books, what are they like?
Old 03-03-15, 03:09 PM  
PennyK

I actually have both Bellyfit and Soul Sweat, but have yet to try!

Bellyfit is a newer addition to my collection and is certainly on my list to try soon, it looks so fun! One of my goals this year is really to utilize more of my current collection and i've been doing a pretty good job except i keep adding new ones to the pile!
PennyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 03:20 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

I have the basic set, most of the Lives, and a few of the masters.

The basic set is more barre-ish to me than dance. for that reason, I like the basic set a lot.

the lives are more dance-oriented.

one of the series features Ravi, the live drummer, who appeared in several of the Crunch pilates videos with Ellen Barrett.

if you like dance, brazil butt lift might interest you. I have Exhilarate and like it. I have a couple of organizers with only dance workouts. anything with Jennifer Galardi is in there, DWTS (the first one), couple of The Method dance workouts. You might also like Hip Hop Abs - very similar to Zumba.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-15, 06:26 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten View Post
I bought a soul sweat for $1 at half price books, what are they like?
Soul Sweat is a yoga-ish, barefoot blend of tribal dance with great music. I've always wished Chantal Pierrat would come out with another video.

Jeanine - I've had BBL on my radar for a long time! Perhaps a birthday gift to me.
Old 03-03-15, 06:54 PM  
Kitten

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Soul Sweat is a yoga-ish, barefoot blend of tribal dance with great music. I've always wished Chantal Pierrat would come out with another video.

Jeanine - I've had BBL on my radar for a long time! Perhaps a birthday gift to me.
Thanks Pat,
I've gotta week and half left on a rotation, I'll totally try it right after.
Old 03-03-15, 07:04 PM  
Lori_Michigan

I do a lot of fun, low-impact dance, some barefoot and some with shoes. Mostly the 10-Minute Solution ones and the Dance Off the Inches, and a lot of Petra Kolber's dance workouts. I'm on a quest to find more Jazzercise as I love their Burlesque workout (not a huge fan of their Latin one or ballet one). I also really like Ballet Fitness by Jennee (sp?), which is one of my new favorites (awesome music and really fun and effective). Even the Denise Austin dance workouts are easy and fun, and sneak up on you if you really get into it. I used to be able to do Christi Taylor dance workouts, but there's a lot of impact (but good music!). I might be in the minority but I also really like the Hemalayaa (again, sp?) Bollywood workouts and also the Doonya Bollywood workouts. I don't care what I look like since no one can see me!

I find a lot used on Amazon for dirt cheap...

Last edited by Lori_Michigan; 03-03-15 at 07:09 PM. Reason: forgot
Lori_Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellyfit, persian zumba, yoga booty ballet