Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-17-15, 10:09 AM  
TinaT

Standing Legs VS Aerobic Butt Busters

I've owned SL forever. I have so much respect for this routine and what it does for the lower body. I have yet to purchase ABB and am wondering how it compares. I realize it isn't as long as SL. What's it's intensity? Do I need both? I love the idea of lost footage workouts, but give with the straight poop on this.

TIA ~
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 11:13 AM  
Sara1000

I love SL but have not gotten ABB. I don't think many on this forum are into the new (old) FIRM workouts and DVDs. You could probably get some answers at FitFaves on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/fit.faves?fref=nf
Sara1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 12:04 PM  
TinaT

thanks.. I'll check it out. I would think someone here has it and tried it. There are many "FIRMIES" on this forum. Especially Benson FIRMIES.
Old 01-17-15, 12:13 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I don't own ABB so can't help you there. There's also Lower Body Split which is a good lower body workout. If you don't mind Goodtimes Firms, I also recommend Lower Body Sculpt I from BSS 1. It contains all the standing lower body moves that the Firm developed over the years in a 30 minute format, and is led by Lisa Kay.
Old 01-17-15, 12:36 PM  
Mandy

I have it. Its a 35 minute workout. The 7 min warmup is from Firm 3/Sandahl and Firm 4 stretch/Susan. The 22 Cardio segment uses a lot from Firm 5 step segmants/LaReine (all of them including the weighted step downs)and Firm 4 step segmants/Kai that uses weights so its metabolic and Firm 6 step/Jayne. The leg press is from Firm 5. There is 1 floor cardio from Firm 4/Kai. Then leg press from Firm 3. So there are 2 leg presses where Standing LEgs have 3 leg press sections. What is different is that right after the Firm 3 leg press you go down and do bridge work from Firm 3. Where Standing Legs doesn't have floor work..But its only Bridge. The stretch is from Firm 5 and I love this stretch. The Bridge and stretch are 6 minutes.

It has a lot more aerobics than Standing legs as you can tell. Lot's of step. One thing different also is there is no "guest" instructor. Even though Brenda Way is on the cover, there aren't any transitions with a guest instructor.

I like doing step so this was a lot of fun using all the step from Firm 4,5 and 6. I used my BOSU for the step portions.

When I'm really short on time, I skip the warmup stretch. Even though I love Susan harris, I skip it since its not so necessary to stretch at the beginning of the workout anymore. Cathe doesn't do stretching in warmup in her recent workouts. So it make the workout shorter.

Last edited by Mandy; 01-17-15 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Correcting English;)
Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-15, 12:43 PM  
Sara1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
There are many "FIRMIES" on this forum. Especially Benson FIRMIES.
That may be - I haven't seen much about the Benson FIRMs in a while. My impression is most on this forum have moved on to newer stuff - much of which I am not at all familiar with.

I had a recent renewed interest in the FIRM but quickly switched back to Cathe - for some reason she appeals to me more these days. The only FIRMs in my current rotation are Standing Legs and the floor work from Volume 1. I did purchase the new short cardio compilation and really liked it, but it just isn't fitting into my rotation right now.

I will be watching for a knowledgeable response to your question.
Old 01-17-15, 12:45 PM  
Sara1000

Thanks, Mandy! We must have been typing at the same time.
Old 01-17-15, 01:05 PM  
Mandy

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara1000 View Post
Thanks, Mandy! We must have been typing at the same time.
Sounds like we did!!

I've been thinking of going back to the Firm since I have been doing a lot of Cathe lately. I got her new Ripped with HiiT. I love her. But after doing X47 or something like that, a premix of X10, my back was really aching and I need to stick to lower impact for a while. I think I may do Aerobic Butt Busters today
Old 01-17-15, 01:44 PM  
TinaT

Mandy, thanks for your response. In reference to the Splits, they are all available at Fitness Favorites, remastered the way Anna intended them to be.
Old 01-17-15, 05:15 PM  
lizh

I was just looking at the youtube preview of ABB last night and now this thread pops up! (might be a sign that I "need" it )

I thought I would like ABB because it is mostly step and it is relatively short time-wise. Have you tried The Firm "jiggle free buns"? I avoided it for a long time because of the name, but it is a good workout.

Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic firm, classic firms, firm, firm parts, fitness favorites, lisa kay