Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-03-15, 07:59 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I wonder if it is this DVD, which was released in the UK previously? :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/tabata-TM-Of...rds=tabata+dvd

The footage of Dr. Tabata is exactly the same as what is used in the clip on the website. Maybe it's the same DVD, just being released here? The description also mentions 20 minute workouts.
Old 01-03-15, 08:29 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I wonder if it is this DVD, which was released in the UK previously? :
http://www.amazon.co.uk/tabata-TM-Of...rds=tabata+dvd

The footage of Dr. Tabata is exactly the same as what is used in the clip on the website. Maybe it's the same DVD, just being released here? The description also mentions 20 minute workouts.
My guess would be that what's being released in the US is different from the UK workout.

1) What I saw on the clip, PJ something or another is leading the workouts. In the UK reviews, they talk about Richard something or another leading the workouts.
2) I'm not sure about the total time or number of workouts on the UK DVD, but I got the impression that what will be released in the US will be a workout 'system' vs. a single DVD.
3) I think it would be fairly easy to convert the format of the UK DVD to region 1 to play on US players. And yet this doesn't seem to be the case.

I look forward to seeing what the Tabata Transformation System will be like.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-15, 09:42 PM  
Lizzo
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
It's threads like this one that make participating in the No/Slow/Wise Buy Challenge impossible for me! I want it!!!!
I just might be regretting my participation. These look great! I guess I can wait it out until June (when I allow myself to purchase again), but I will enjoy living vicariously through those of you who are getting it sooner.

http://musingsofafitnessjunkie.blogspot.com
Lizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 04:21 AM  
fitfitterfittest

One more sample Tabata here.
fitfitterfittest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-15, 09:12 AM  
T2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitfitterfittest View Post
One more sample Tabata here.
The form looks a little off in this clip but I'm still intrigued. If they are reasonably priced, I'm in.

joy, love
peace and patience
kindness with goodness
faithfulness & gentleness
self-control
- Motivational Sticker

Now: XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating (Generic) 7/22/22 - 10/24/22
Peak Fit System: 6/3/22 - 7/21/22 *** STS/LIS 90 Day Undulating: 11/19/21 - 2/12/22 *** 6 Week Fusion XTRAIN: 5/17/21 - 6/27/21 *** Body Beast: 12/21/20 - 3/18/21 *** STS: 1/29/20 - 5/3/20 *** Fit Tower/LIS/ICE/ 90 Day: 10/29/19 - 1/19/20 *** XTRAIN 90 Day Undulating: 7/29/19 - 10/25/19
T2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 01:06 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

New information

I signed up to be notified when the system launches and I've received several emails from PJ Stahl leading up to the release with a link to a video about the program. In yesterday's video (sorry, I can't post the link as I'm at work and on a work computer), he talked about the format of each workout. In the 20 minute time frame, there will be a warm up, a conditioning segment, a Tabata drill, a core segment, and a cool down.

I like the sound of this set up. If the clips are any indication, there will be some weights, then the Tabata, and then core. It's sounding more comprehensive to me than just a cardio system. I'm hoping more details will round out the picture.

According to PJ, it's supposed to be a January release and there are just a few days left. We'll see......

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 01:25 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
I signed up to be notified when the system launches and I've received several emails from PJ Stahl leading up to the release with a link to a video about the program. In yesterday's video (sorry, I can't post the link as I'm at work and on a work computer), he talked about the format of each workout. In the 20 minute time frame, there will be a warm up, a conditioning segment, a Tabata drill, a core segment, and a cool down.

I like the sound of this set up. If the clips are any indication, there will be some weights, then the Tabata, and then core. It's sounding more comprehensive to me than just a cardio system. I'm hoping more details will round out the picture.

According to PJ, it's supposed to be a January release and there are just a few days left. We'll see......
Yes I got the emails too, looks good, just waiting for a price!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-15, 02:28 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitfitterfittest View Post
This one looks really interesting. I love Tabata
In order to get any information from this link you need to give them your email address. Is there any other way to get info?

ETA: I saw the 4+minute trailer. Any other info out there on number of workouts or price?
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-15, 11:49 AM  
s2546

I have asked a number of times for any indication of pricing. no one ever responds they just send more sales emails. I agree these do look good and I am interested but I can't stand these constant sales pitches and no answers or any way to contact them
Sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-15, 12:42 PM  
catcrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2546 View Post
I have asked a number of times for any indication of pricing. no one ever responds they just send more sales emails. I agree these do look good and I am interested but I can't stand these constant sales pitches and no answers or any way to contact them
Sue
I know, I'm just ready for the price that's what's going to make or break it for me, not more videos!
catcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30 minute systems, hiit workouts, interval workouts, pj stahl, tabata, tabata transformation