Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-14, 03:06 PM  
vavargas

I'm so glad you posted this, Cristina. BF was my first ever video fitness acquisition and I had to BEG my mom to buy it for me. I never did it regularly enough to see any results but somehow managed to do it just often enough that my sister to this day makes fun of the funny "breathing exercises" I used to do in high school.

I was so inspired by this thread, in fact, that I went to amazon and after reading lots of reviews, I bought Greer's book. It comes on Monday and I'm excited to get back into it! I may do a BF only rotation and if I see any notable results, I'll post.
vavargas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-14, 05:09 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I'm glad that we're "breathing" new life into Bodyflex.

Christina, I saw your Puma outfit picture on FB earlier, and you look fantastic. You've always had a beautiful figure, but the change is very apparent.

I also bought my mom Bodyflex and a Leslie Sansone workout after she was put on oxygen years ago, but sadly, mom never gave it a chance. She did attend her PT classes very regularly for years, but hasn't been to PT in 2 years. Her decline is very apparent, and it makes me so sad.

Sue, I found that Oxycise breathing was better for increasing my energy throughout the day and Bodyflex breathing was great for clearing up my sinuses. So it might be worth learning the Oxycise breathing technique. You can find it on Youtube. The nice thing about Oxycise is that it is quiet.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-14, 05:29 PM  
cristinalatina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
I'm glad that we're "breathing" new life into Bodyflex.

Christina, I saw your Puma outfit picture on FB earlier, and you look fantastic. You've always had a beautiful figure, but the change is very apparent.

I also bought my mom Bodyflex and a Leslie Sansone workout after she was put on oxygen years ago, but sadly, mom never gave it a chance. She did attend her PT classes very regularly for years, but hasn't been to PT in 2 years. Her decline is very apparent, and it makes me so sad.

Sue, I found that Oxycise breathing was better for increasing my energy throughout the day and Bodyflex breathing was great for clearing up my sinuses. So it might be worth learning the Oxycise breathing technique. You can find it on Youtube. The nice thing about Oxycise is that it is quiet.

Hahaha not always my dear Deb! I can guarantee you that! But there's no doubt it my mind that it works because my clothes are falling off! That's why I even bothered to measure!

I think I will start doing Oxycise again because I am not sure Bodyflex is safe for me (breath holding) although my doctor said it was ok to do every sport, including swimming with breath holding. I'm not sure he had in mind something so intense though as the vacuum Greer does!
Old 12-05-14, 05:51 PM  
cristinalatina

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Christina, is your mom much better? I hope she is doing well now.
Awesome about your results!!
She's fine sweetheart, thanks for asking!

I'm afraid my boy also has asthma and he will be on low dose steroid inhalers for the entire winter as a precaution. I don't have it, but the rest of my family does, and the British/Irish weather isn't helping much. When he was with me alone, he was healthy all year long. This fall I decided to start taking him to playgroups...and he's been chesty even since Rapid shallow breathing, even wheezing. I hate it. But he loves playgroup with other "babis" so much...he goes and cuddles them...he likes their company so much that whenever he catches a glimpse of himself in the mirror he says "Kiss babi" and kisses his "friend"...
Old 12-06-14, 07:37 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinalatina View Post
She's fine sweetheart, thanks for asking!

I'm afraid my boy also has asthma and he will be on low dose steroid inhalers for the entire winter as a precaution. I don't have it, but the rest of my family does, and the British/Irish weather isn't helping much. When he was with me alone, he was healthy all year long. This fall I decided to start taking him to playgroups...and he's been chesty even since Rapid shallow breathing, even wheezing. I hate it. But he loves playgroup with other "babis" so much...he goes and cuddles them...he likes their company so much that whenever he catches a glimpse of himself in the mirror he says "Kiss babi" and kisses his "friend"...
I'm so glad about your mom - but sorry about your little one. Iam glad, atleast, that there is lots of family support n how to deal with it. {{HUGS}}
Love hearing of his sweetness in playgroups! So precious!

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-14, 12:11 PM  
Diana3271

Just curious, what is the difference between this video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fgS...Qrm0cDinwLq3fR and the Getting Started DVD on this page? https://www.bodyflex.com/store.php

Also, if someone knows, what is the difference between the deeper breathing (BodyFlex) vs. the panting type breathing that's in KY?

Does KY do any of the deeper breathing?

My family has a history of breathing issues. Not sure if these breathing exercises would help, but I find it very interesting.

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

10 Pound Slimdown Xtreme Graduate 02/12
Insanity Graduate - I actually survived!
LM Combat 02/13
21 Day Fix Survivor! 6/14

Diana
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-14, 04:51 PM  
Diana3271

So, I was doing laundry this morning and the local news was talking about breathing exercises to help with weight loss during the holidays. This got my attention but the story was already off by the time I got to the TV. I heard them specifically talk about deep breathing. Did anyone else hear this story? I still find this fascinating. I have googled and keep reading about all the naysayers. Has anyone else tried Bodyflex or Oxycise recently? TIA

You can fight it, or do what you've got to do to get it done. The choice is yours. ~Diana

You have the rest of your life to get old. Stay young, as long as you can. ~Diana

LM Combat 02/13

Diana
Old 12-19-14, 06:53 PM  
dela

Interesting, I just read this article about how 84% of fat loss occurs through breath. It's not saying breathing hard causes more fat loss, but after reading this, it did make me think about these breathing workouts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6342556.html
dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 06:29 PM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
So, I was doing laundry this morning and the local news was talking about breathing exercises to help with weight loss during the holidays. This got my attention but the story was already off by the time I got to the TV. I heard them specifically talk about deep breathing. Did anyone else hear this story? I still find this fascinating. I have googled and keep reading about all the naysayers. Has anyone else tried Bodyflex or Oxycise recently? TIA
You might be able to find a transcript or something on their website?

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-14, 06:34 PM  
Diana3271

Quote:
Originally Posted by dela View Post
Interesting, I just read this article about how 84% of fat loss occurs through breath. It's not saying breathing hard causes more fat loss, but after reading this, it did make me think about these breathing workouts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6342556.html
Thanks for sharing the link.

LM Combat 02/13

Diana

Tags
body flex, bodyflex, bodyflex extreme, bodyflex results, diverticulitis, oxycise, retina