Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-14, 03:22 PM  
cristinalatina

Bodyflex extreme results

As some of my friends here know, my mom was hospitalised a while ago due to asthma complications. She's since recovered, but she had to perform specific blowing exercises to help clear her lungs.

Just to amuse her, I would log on youtube daily and look for the clip of the Bodyflex workout (the one with Greer Childers - my poor mom said they sounded the same while exhaling!) I did it along with her, she lost a lung literally each time with the faces I pulled and rolled eyes and stuck out my tongue etc.

So now here's the thing - as I posted in another thread, I've become so small I can't believe it. When I came home after a week and stepped on the scale, I had lost 2 lbs, 3% body fat, 1 inch off the waist and 1/2 off the hips. I don't have an explanation (the only other thing I can think of was the belly binder I used after pregnancy 18 months ago?). I haven't been this small in years despite having been at this weight - and even lower - before.

Also, my diet was based on store bought things such as sandwiches, yogurts and cereal bars. I didn't have fruit, vegetables or even cooked food for the entire week.

Is there even any chance that Bodyflex has made me lose all these inches???
Old 12-03-14, 06:14 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cristinalatina View Post
As some of my friends here know, my mom was hospitalised a while ago due to asthma complications. She's since recovered, but she had to perform specific blowing exercises to help clear her lungs.

Just to amuse her, I would log on youtube daily and look for the clip of the Bodyflex workout (the one with Greer Childers - my poor mom said they sounded the same while exhaling!) I did it along with her, she lost a lung literally each time with the faces I pulled and rolled eyes and stuck out my tongue etc.

So now here's the thing - as I posted in another thread, I've become so small I can't believe it. When I came home after a week and stepped on the scale, I had lost 2 lbs, 3% body fat, 1 inch off the waist and 1/2 off the hips. I don't have an explanation (the only other thing I can think of was the belly binder I used after pregnancy 18 months ago?). I haven't been this small in years despite having been at this weight - and even lower - before.

Also, my diet was based on store bought things such as sandwiches, yogurts and cereal bars. I didn't have fruit, vegetables or even cooked food for the entire week.

Is there even any chance that Bodyflex has made me lose all these inches???

Absolutely! I know this workout is the most teased workout here on VF, but if you break down the workout, you'll realize that Greer was actually ahead of her time. She combined a very intense yoga breathing technique, and isometric exercises. I remember working up quite a sweat when I did her workout.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 06:41 PM  
sunday

I agree too! I think all that breathing does something, which is why I'm convinced I always get amazing results when I do Kundalini regularly!

Yeah for you!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-14, 11:09 PM  
SueT

Christina, could you post the link for the specific Bodyflex Youtube video you used? I just did a search, and there are a few different ones.

Your results are amazing! Congratulations!

Thanks,
Sue
SueT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 05:30 AM  
Demeris

Cristina, congratulations on your results, both with Bodyflex and with those apparati you used after your baby boy was born. The human body is an amazing thing, and I suspect TA knows a thing or two about relaxin and using it to reshape the body.

I'm coming on this thread to post about my Bodyflex experience. After I hurt my knee running, I searched and searched for a way to keep fit--these were the early 90s, and I hadn't discovered vidiocy. I succumbed to that Bodyflex infomercial. I also succumbed to Oxycise. I did these two for about a year.

I was too overweight and too ignorant of body composition to know whether or not I built any muscle doing these, but I have NEVER been more flexible. I look back on those flexibility gains, and it makes me wonder whether I ought to add some Bodyflex/Oxycise back into my weeks.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 06:13 AM  
PhyllisG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Absolutely! I know this workout is the most teased workout here on VF, but if you break down the workout, you'll realize that Greer was actually ahead of her time. She combined a very intense yoga breathing technique, and isometric exercises. I remember working up quite a sweat when I did her workout.
I just looked at the YouTube videos and I agree with the above. Somehow they don't look so silly anymore.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 09:58 AM  
sunday

Also, the weird breath with your tongue sticking out and eyes rolling up is from yoga and is Lion's Breath. We used to do it in yoga teacher training.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 11:10 AM  
cristinalatina

It is one of two things: Either Bodyflex works, and works fast, to help lose inches, or it just helped me lose the very last few lbs and I had become way smaller from belly binding after delivery. I don't know and I didn't expect this! What I vividly remember is that I weighed the same and even less and I was doing Callanetics and Tracy Anderson before I for married because I wanted to fit into a wedding gown that was a half inch smaller around the hips and I never managed to! If only

I did this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fgS...Qrm0cDinwLq3fR

I don't even think I'm supposed to be doing this because I have lattice degeneration of the retina, and breath holding is not ideal.

My husband is begging me not to lose anymore, and I just can't believe it because I eat as normal and weigh as always, believe it or not!

ETA: Just to add to what Debbie says, I don't sweat but my abs definitely hurt from all that engaging!
Old 12-04-14, 04:53 PM  
daisyduke

Very very interesting. I just posted in my checkin how my results are amazing with ultimate yogi (travis does lions breath) compared to traditional cardio and weights. Pm me anyone if youre interested to see my before and afters... ive been documenting progress with photos. Diet remains constant ... i do weight watchers. Thanks for posting.
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-14, 05:35 PM  
jackie7

Cristina,
I had great results with Bodyflex some ten years ago. I stopped because it bothered my diverticulitis.

Did you do the positions or just the breathing?
jackie7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body flex, bodyflex, bodyflex extreme, bodyflex results, diverticulitis, oxycise, retina