Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-14, 09:02 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Valentina View Post
Betsy - I went to the website and saw the DanceWorks DVD for $5, and put it in the cart, but then there was no way to "view cart" or "checkout" - at least I didn't see any

Also, where did you order Center Floor from?

Thanks so much!
I ordered Center Floor from Amazon.

You are absolutely correct that there isn't a way to check out at the gift shop. I just sent them an e-mail asking about that, and will report back with any news.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 06:58 PM  
donnamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
I ordered Center Floor from Amazon.

You are absolutely correct that there isn't a way to check out at the gift shop. I just sent them an e-mail asking about that, and will report back with any news.
Thanks Betsy - I would like to get that on DVD - I have a VHS copy, but hardly use my VCR any more!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-14, 09:00 PM  
soulflower

Reach is one of my favorite workouts! I have Center Floor and ALC II, neither of which I enjoy nearly as much as Reach. I truly feel challenged by Reach, but I'm always happy while I'm doing that workout.
soulflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-14, 06:25 PM  
bfit

How does "Reach" compare to Kari Anderson's "Angles, Lines, and Curves"? Is it similar?
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-14, 07:13 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

If I recall correctly, ALC is more "stretchy" and Reach is a bit more strength building. I really like both workouts!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 03:24 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i wasn't even sure if i had this DVD, so i had to go do some digging.

it had been opened, and it was something i purchased "new." i usually put a postit on the inside listing comments, when i did the workout, what segments, etc. there was no postit.

i did the standing portion, and WOW. so good.

i think i might have done the floor segment but didn't write in any notes on a postit.

besides Ellen, are there any other workouts like this?

i remember owning ALC or ALC2, and traded it. but i have other Kari's, including many of her VHS that never got converted to DVD. i like her easier step routines like Fitness Formula and another one she did with CIA. i have her "Go" DVD.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 05:06 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
I think Kari's Center Floor is cut from the same cloth as Reach. As least I categorize them together, and find them both challenging in the same way. Kari works you hard but is a delight.

ETA - a nice long clip of Center Floor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31o6aJtvjxg

ETAA - IIRC, Pilates Plus, an older ballet-infused workout by Breakthru Pilates (with Michelle Dozois and Tracy York) gave a similar feeling, though probably not as tough. I haven't done this in a long time, however, and it's hard to find clips.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-14, 05:33 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Thanks Betsy - I would like to get that on DVD - I have a VHS copy, but hardly use my VCR any more!

Donna
The email address I sent my query to was bounced back as "undeliverable". I'll try another address on the site ... but it almost looks like the online store is out of operation.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
Old 10-29-14, 05:34 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
i wasn't even sure if i had this DVD, so i had to go do some digging.

it had been opened, and it was something i purchased "new." i usually put a postit on the inside listing comments, when i did the workout, what segments, etc. there was no postit.

i did the standing portion, and WOW. so good.

i think i might have done the floor segment but didn't write in any notes on a postit.

i remember owning ALC or ALC2, and traded it. but i have other Kari's, including many of her VHS that never got converted to DVD. i like her easier step routines like Fitness Formula and another one she did with CIA. i have her "Go" DVD.
I'm so glad you enjoyed the Reach segment you did!

I'm doing the workout again today, and I'll do Center Floor in a few days. I too had ALC and traded it, but I might reacquire it.

Old 10-29-14, 05:44 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
ETAA - IIRC, Pilates Plus, an older ballet-infused workout by Breakthru Pilates (with Michelle Dozois and Tracy York) gave a similar feeling, though probably not as tough. I haven't done this in a long time, however, and it's hard to find clips.
i have that on DVD! i wish Michelle would shift gears and do more of these, instead of all of the HiiT stuff.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angles lines and curves, center floor, kari anderson, reach, zenga