Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-08-14, 01:10 PM  
firmaniac

FitPrime & Kickbutt! Parts: Killer Weights & Killer Cardio

Pre-release info for this two dvd set is up at Fitness Favorites: http://www.fitnessfavorites.com/Kill...hts_Cardio.php

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
firmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 03:03 PM  
cherimac

Thanks for posting. I've been looking forward to these.
Old 09-08-14, 03:17 PM  
firmaniac

...you're welcome! I have tended to love Parts more than 'real' workouts, so am excited to get these. I can't believe it has been almost five years since Anna passed away. They seem to be coming out closer to the anniversary of her death.

Please visit 'The FIRM Ephemera Scrapbook' on facebook for a visual history of The FIRM
Old 09-08-14, 03:37 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
...you're welcome! I have tended to love Parts more than 'real' workouts, so am excited to get these. I can't believe it has been almost five years since Anna passed away. They seem to be coming out closer to the anniversary of her death.
I like parts workouts more too. Time flies, doesn't it? Anna was definitely ahead of her time.
Old 09-08-14, 03:50 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I still love doing Cardio and Strength on a regular basis. It's so sad. If she had been in the dance world instead of the fitness video world, she would have become famous for her innovation.

I bought my first Firm video in late 1986. I couldn't complete it at first, but I could see how innovative it was, even with my limited knowledge at the time.

Definitely looking forward to these.
Old 09-08-14, 05:07 PM  
firmaniac

...that is a good point re: the dance world, Jane. I wondered why there isn't a more in-depth wikipedia entry for Anna. I don't know how to even submit info for one, but there is a brief entry in the wiki fitness category. It always pains me when The FIRM or Anna is never even mentioned when fitness history comes up, but Jane & Richard (who *do* deserve to be hearalded by all means!) and the other 'names' always are. You are one of the grass roots FIRMie from year one! Wonderful!

Old 09-08-14, 05:37 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by firmaniac View Post
...that is a good point re: the dance world, Jane. I wondered why there isn't a more in-depth wikipedia entry for Anna. I don't know how to even submit info for one, but there is a brief entry in the wiki fitness category. It always pains me when The FIRM or Anna is never even mentioned when fitness history comes up, but Jane & Richard (who *do* deserve to be hearalded by all means!) and the other 'names' always are. You are one of the grass roots FIRMie from year one! Wonderful!
Ugh!! I just googled Anna Benson to see if I could find a wikipedia entry for her. Instead, all the top entries are for another Anna Benson that was a model, stripper, and ex-wife of a baseball player.

It makes me sad that Anna died so young. She was only 59. Since I'm over 50, that seems so young to me. I wish that the Firm founders didn't have to go through a bunch of court stuff so that we could have seen more Firms. Anna really was ahead of her time.
Old 09-08-14, 07:17 PM  
ronnee
VF Supporter

These look good!

What ever happened to Anna's sister? Just curious. I know her ex-husband became the legendary Medical Mark, but I never hear about Cynthia.

Ronnee
ronnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-14, 07:56 PM  
firmaniac

...I know, Helen! The 'other' Anna Benson hogged all the google searches LOL the athletic.wikia.com page does have a short entry for The FIRM, but I don't get what 'wikia' is. I haven't heard any news about Cynthia B. regarding fitness business as of late. Mr. Mark is on facebook regularly.

Old 09-08-14, 08:29 PM  
primrosecat

First of all, let me say that I love the Firm workouts, ( I bought the very first one and most of the others back in the day). But I have a question. After viewing the new releases, it seems to me it's just the same stuff I already have Please tell me, why are these different? What am I missing?
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anna benson, fitness favorites, fitprime, fitprime killer cardio, fitprime killer weights, fitprime parts, kickbutt